Sign in to follow this  
psychomantis

Issue with HU?

So I have a Alpine ute52bt that is cutting out whwn I turn it up. I first thought it was a connection So it was checked. Tried to move the ground from factory to bear metal to battery and it still cuts out once I start to turn up the volume. do you guys have any other ideas? Sorry for the short post. My set up is the deck listed. A pair of i65c and a pair of infinitys in the rear. Nothing follows.

The infintiy speakers are 2 ohms and even they say when wired into factory wiring they are a true 4 ohm load. Most head units i know only do 4 ohms per channel.

Did you just install speakers, head unit or both?

Edited by jay-cee

do you think THE is killing the sound? ill remove ant test/it worksat lower levels then dies after i turn it up. and i did the fronts amd deck.

Edited by psychomantis

So I read your post a little better now that my hands are free. Ok I will disconect the rears and give it ago. If that is the issue I need to amp the fronts due to not loud enough im sure. Also I was looking at an xcon. though I still need to build a center consol for the truck.

Yes rears arent needed anyway, sell rears and put funds toward amp for comps. Hopefully removing the rears solves your issue.

Ok I will give it a try. ill update wensday and let you guys know. What kind of amp do you suggest for the front? The deck has a lot of built in features.

If you're running a pair of components with the passive filters then a 2 channel amp will fit the bill. If plans of going active in the future than a 4 channel amp will suffice. What's your budget on an amplifier, any space requirements?

I have lots of open space behind and under the rear seat, als i plan to put my sub amp there too.and passive for me im sure. i like to listen but im not an audiophile.