Sign in to follow this  
STFO

Best 4 channel amp to go with

Hey guys... I have the U.S.Amps 4360 tube amp, and have had nothing but problems with it. The channels keep distorting, and cutting out. This may be because of my custom mount, not just the amp.

I have it mounted next to 2 Memphis LVS 15's and mounted sideways :P

I would like to try something else, maybe the 4300X. What would you recommend I try? If I went for something like the IS line would that be moving WAY down? or would something like the 4300X suit me better?

I have never had another amp other than the 4360, so the tube is ll I have heard.

Flakko can you contact me in some way for prices? thanks~!

yea the IS line will be a MAJOR downgrade lol use the 4300x

the sound will definitely be different tho. i personally like the tube sound better

and no AX on the net :(

The sound is unreal, the problem im having is due to all the bass hitting the amplifier, causing the componants to come loose.

Should I maybe have a tech or someone stablize the componants inside the amp more with some type of adhesive or something?

Or would I be better off going with the 4300X or the AX 4300 for the build?

If I go for the AX 4360 would that make a difference?

i dunno? i honestly dont know the answer. i hope someone who has had soem experiences with both can chime in.

i dunno?  i honestly dont know the answer. i hope someone who has had soem experiences with both can chime in.

I think I would not mount that tube amp anywhere near significant vibration. Ultimately tubes are sensitive to vibration and that's probably the biggest problem you're having. I haven't personally heard the 4300, but if you already have the 4360 then you have all you need to be happy. I would try and fix your issue right now. [*A. make sure that the amp is getting adaquate ventilation, those tubes get real hot so don't mount it on it's side. *B. (not sure what you're driving) but mount it on the floor of your trunk and maybe even put it on a board (covered in carpet and/or foam) and then screw that down to the floor of your trunk. *C. (optional) try and mount it away from the trunk.] The 4300 isn't necessarily "built" any better, it just doesn't have vibration sensitive components.

Damnit I should have thought about that before I designed my system. I went for space and looks, not thinking that it may damage the amp in some way.

Its going to be hard to find another place for the amp, and just as hard to put something in its present place :Doh:

Here are pics of my setup:

I drive an Astro, here is a pic of one of the rear doors before the setup

eec0d9cd.jpg

Measuring it up....

eec0d499.jpg

eec0d27f.jpg

This is what it finally looks like (thats a DE-1000 in the pic but I changed around my system and have now put the 3460 tube amp in there) The only thing I thought would go wrong would be the amp getting too hot because of the heatsink location, and so I added fans.

This is with the doors open....

ee5eaecc.jpg

Here is the problem, when I close my rear door the amp goes right up against the box :Doh:

ee5eaaba.jpg

There is nowhere else to put the amp, I have a 2000X on an amp rack on top of the box, and the only place I am able to put the tube amp IS the rear doors, I have no space anywhere else in the vehicle.

I was thinking a tech could make the guts stronger by mounting them with more durable material maybe....WOuld that work or any other suggestions??

awesome install

nah is cuz i got a diesel and it shakes liek a mofo at idle