Sign in to follow this  
budros

Another Overview post...

Ok, i know i post alot and havnt not posted pics, or posted saying ive purchased things... Cus my plan changes alot, depending on whats going on, the market effects my choices. I thought i would post another overview of the system and some explaination as to the reason for the parts and also point out areas where i have made choices but am open to different ideas... So here goes...

(Setup)

Alpine IVA-w20, Alpine H701, Apple Ipod 30gig

I have the W200 already its sitting in my room, as well as the ipod (which i might return to help jumpstart the rest of this) Im purchasing the H701 becuase its an amazing processor and is fully touchscreen configurable through the w200. +31 band eq +5.1 +5v output.

Not one concern with this area.

(Speaker System)

(1)SAZ-1500D,(1)SI Mag D2 15",(1)SAX-100.2,(1set)Crystal Mobile Sound SSCS-6

Im DEFINATLY useing Stereo Integrity, and Sundown Audio. Mags are the best LSQ sub out there, they will rock with h701 and w200 and my tastes. Sundown is an upcomming wonder. Im sure.

The only thing i have a concern for is the Crtystal Mobile 6.5 2way set, ive heard nothing but WOWOW :fing34::fing34: about them ESPECIALY becuase there 160$ a set cant beat that! Any other sets under 200 that would be par with mags please suggest.

(Electrical)

(1)2150 Odyssey,(1)Deka Intimidator, Single 1/0 Big 3, Single 1/0 P/G, Stock Alt.

Simply put Ody are cheaper and hi-preformance bats, the deka is the start/decent battery under the hood, im fine with a deka there and not a optima. Big 3 DUr who wouldnt, 1/0 wiring for power and ground is another DUr. All KNUKONCPETS wiring. (unless there is better?? suggest??)

??? How do the 2150 by ody and 2400 kinetik match up i can get both for about the same.. I know there top of the life from there respected companies... What would you guys suggest...

(Security)

Viper 791XV, Glass Break, Window Roller, Pienzo

I wanted an alarm thats EASY to get a hold of that pros install all over the place that supports window mods, ei rollers and glass breakers, and i wanted the back up battery horn and peinzo addons so no really competitors with the viper set up here.

This seems like a very solid build no matter what vehicle i put it in... hopefully a newer dakota, but who knows yet.. comments any one. all comments are welcome.

for the battery question, people are going to have different opinions, some people stick with the 2150's and others will stand by the 2400's

Thanks I know people have opinions im looking for facts. but im WAY happy my selection is finaly getting narrowed down.

Not sure if your PM box is full but here is the answer to your questions:

Both are very capable subs. Mags are NOT 2x as good as RL-ps. A sub is only good if it is the right one for your application. For example, an IDQ is a very good sub, but not good for a buyer that wants to run 3000 watts, and visa versa an Orion H2 is a good sub but not good for the buyer if they only have 200 watts, etc... Anyway, from my knowledge there has yet to be a disappointed customer for either the RL-p or the MAG. Both have great sound quality if put in the right box and so on. For your other questions, if all things being equal (power and such) two RL-p 15's are probably going to be louder over one MAG due to double the cone advantage. And there is no such thing as better SQL, in the correct install both can get loud and sound very good doing it. I have tested both subs and I like both of them, but each has their advantages and disadvantages. There is a very high possibility that (once again if installed properly) you are not going to hear all that much of a difference in SQ. You need to figure out if you want more output now or later? There is that MAG SA deal I believe.