Rameek

Port help

I have been running these subs in a sealed enclosure now I want to try ported. I am trying to build an LSQ ported enclosure for my 12" HX2 DVC 4ohm subs. I have downloaded the manual and searched the forum history. It seems that they are missing some numbers. I was wondering did anyone have a complete listing. For ex. there isnt any Qes,Qms etc..

If anyone has done a nice LSQ set up for these subs I am would love to have suggestions. I was thinking of tuning it to the low 30's. This is going into a '97 Altima off a Viper 1200.1

H W D

17 38 13.5 (BottomD 18+TopD 9)=27/2=13.5

1.5 1.5 1.5

15.5 36.5 12 * 6789/1728= 3.9288

My plan was to have the subs face the trunk but have the port in the middle facing that back of the seats. I want the port to aim in the ski rack hole so it goes straight into the car. Is this a good idea? Could it be done?

Thank you in advance for your help.

How about 8 cubes after displacement, 58 sq.in. of port area, 14.75"L, 30 Hz tune.

Here's the in-car response.

So here is the design that I am going with let me know your opinion. The subs are inverted do the fact I did not have the internal volume. Please post comments suggestions complaints etc...

501329_14_full.jpg

ahh a smart customer... getting a second opinion on my plans eh?

and to the person who said 8 cubic, they are rfd's obviously based on the fact that they are DVC 4 ohm

but sure someone else try and calculate that tuning freq... i will give you bonus points if you are close within .5 Hz :+1:

and to the person who said 8 cubic, they are rfd's obviously based on the fact that they are DVC 4 ohm

but sure someone else try and calculate that tuning freq... i will give you bonus points if you are close within .5 Hz :+1:

hi and welcome to SSAudio :D

Its the master mind! Hey bro. Just getting second opinions like going to the doctor! :slayer::D

i dont blame you! i do it all the time...

i just love it when someone gives me a second opinion and i was right all along! :P