Sign in to follow this  
Grim

New sub on the way...Need Help with box

So I checked last night UPS said Shipped, FI said shipped and its schedualed for next wed. I am very happy. But now Im starting my box build And I think Iv changed things a little..

I was running 6 cubes Net Volume. That was perfect for me as it just maxed out my the dimensions I could use...However, I think that in reality after displacements ill be down around 5 cubes...

Is that enough? Or should I bump the box up to 7 net cubes?

Any advice?

Thanks

Sorry, I know you had posted here before the crash... and Im sure it said what sub, but I cant remember what it was or your real name to check what you ordered.

What are you getting?

Thanks...

Scott

18in BL Universal Going to Winans In Western NY...

Sorry Should have put the sub in the first post.

Heres what I have so far

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported...mp;Fs=&CE=0

To me the Total Port area seems a little short...

Also, After doing some math my self, I get like 6.13 cubes, or close to that anyways. So after sub displacement I should have just a tad under 6 cubes... But I always thought that Net Volume was the total displacement Before taking into consideration the Sub and the Port...However, I got the 6 cubes+ Port Volume...

Sound right?

Whats your recommendation on Tuning...Someone recommended 32hz...sound right? I figure thats good cause I want SPL but I like them deep lows as well

Edited by Grim

Actually it comes out about right with 6cuft and the port area and length. I didnt check all the cut sheet to see how they did it... but looks fine spec wise.

32-33 is a good all around tuning. Itll drop plenty deep, but still have kick to it as well.

We normally recommend 12-16 sqin of port per cuft of enclosure so at 16 and 6cuft you are right at 96 which is approx what the program gave you... chalk one up for the online calc this time ;)

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks,

Scott

I gotta tell ya, unless this sub is completely fudgeed, I cant say Ill ever buy from another company again...

The help you give is amazing. I absolutely love that.

I knew I was at 96 but another calc said the minimum i should use for the subs specs was 104 so thats what I was worried about. Good thing I asked...

Thanks Scott

Hopefully ill see this sub on wed...assuming we dont have anymore freak Ice or snow storms that have been going around the last couple weeks...

Sign in to follow this