Sign in to follow this  
weeznur32

Is Design Legit?

I;m trying to buy an 18ssd and put it in my acura. The only way to really do so is to use tube ports instead of slotted to decrease the volume of the box. I dont really know how to do it. i went to this site called klaus audio and it designed one for me. I however don't know if it is legit. It says for a 6.2 cubic foot box tuned to 33hz id need 2 4" ports 8.5 inches long each....i wnaan build it but need to see if it will actually work....here's what it says http://www.klausaudio.com/myaccount/view_b...cfm?boxid=37047 ...please tell me what you think.

I just mocked it up for you in Bass Box Pro 6, with 6.2 cubes, and yes the ports are right if using 2 4" aero ports. I didnt calculate out the box size. I just used the 6.2 cubes, if you want me to I can make sure the airspace is right too.

Shawn

No man it's cool. Thanks for checking that out for me cuz i dont really know how to calculate it. I AM A go ahead and build that box i'm sure it will work just fine.

Ps. nice gun in the picture

Your welcome bud. Thats my carry, Sig Sauer P229. Love it!

Sigs are sweet! Hope to own me a P239 40cal. someday. Chris L.

have y'all seen sig's new p220 SAO? yep, them bastages are really trying to get me to buy a sig, lol. i would have already bought a mosquito, but i have read of many reliabilty issues with this first model. i don't mind waiting, will probably pick a mosquito up later this year, and maybe this new p220 SAO.

wow, we got off topic a bit, eh? shawn, why not a paddle kydex holster, like a fobus? i own a holster similiar to yours for my sigma, but really don't like the bulkiness of it. i have a fobus paddle c21 for my kimber and absolutely love it. not having a thumb break strap is sweet too. retention is awesome without it, and in the event of a wrestling match, if a opponet tries to remove it and doesn't pull it perfectly, they aren't getting it out.

ok, enough thread hijack, lol. let us know how the box build and results go. we need new pics in the showoff section.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I love those Sigs. I cannot justify retiring my Glock 23 to get one, though. Maybe if I quit spending money on audio...

Sign in to follow this