Sign in to follow this  
mrray13

eclipse ti 12's

yep, another recone question. i have a pair of blown 12" eclipse ti's. i don't want them reconed to their previous specs, instead i want something different. maybe bl/btl like? what do you think? can it be done? how much? what can i expect as far as perfomance, both output and sq?

thanks in advance fellows....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

hard to say really...i've never built one with our parts...

isnt it based off of the tc-9 or is it like the tc 3hp?

i honestly don't know, lol. physical motor size is very similar to the tc9, i need to do surgery and just finish removign the cones ans stuff from the Tis.

assuming it's either one of those, can you guys do something with them?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i can say this..it's a 3" coil with a 9.75" dual spider.

would yopu need the old cones? one is still intact. can the motor be cleared of old winding pieces?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yeah you can pick them out...ideally need to know the OD of the coil with a digital micrometer

if you get a chance post a picture of it, we dont have any big diameter spiders..standard 8" progressive ones is all we have/use

will do. i gotta find my micrometer.

no chance of the larger spider?

i'll get some pics up later, and you cna let me know.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

large spider aint gonna happen...

the larger diameter you go the more prone something is to have more deflection

any probability of being able to do something, even with that large of a landing? (i believe that's the correct term)

if not, i might as well go tc....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Ah hell... I can come up with something solid for them. I do have a few 10" spiders, but Im not the biggest fan of them given the surround we use as standard (or the Ti surround for that matter) as the suspension moves WAY further than the surround will allow for. Not too mention I cant make the suspension too stiff with the 10" spiders I have. I can make a ring for the standard 8" spiders I use and Im sure I can come up with something thatll make for a very tough sub. A few things I can do, I wont mention, but I can increase the thermal capacity of the sub some too...

Send me pics or post them here if you can...

Thanks,

Scott

It is the TC3Hp motor I believe. Decent sub, but I would be excited to see what beast Scott can make out of it.

Ah hell... I can come up with something solid for them. I do have a few 10" spiders, but Im not the biggest fan of them given the surround we use as standard (or the Ti surround for that matter) as the suspension moves WAY further than the surround will allow for. Not too mention I cant make the suspension too stiff with the 10" spiders I have. I can make a ring for the standard 8" spiders I use and Im sure I can come up with something thatll make for a very tough sub. A few things I can do, I wont mention, but I can increase the thermal capacity of the sub some too...

Send me pics or post them here if you can...

Thanks,

Scott

( i wish i had an o'rlly owl right about now, lol)

ok, tonight, i will get some pictures up. i still can't find my micrometer, damnit. but in any case, if this is something that is possible, and i'll trust your judgement to build whatever it is you want to for these, in a few weeks you'll have a pair of Ti's to frankenwoofer!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ee :slayer:

Sign in to follow this