Sign in to follow this  
Jwebb27

Wiring help / suggesions

Alright, so tonight i was planning to sit down and order all my wiring, connectors and terminals for my upcoming install.

Eclipse CD7000

Hertz High Energy comps

2- 12" FI BL's

2- Sundown 1500's

1- Sundown 4/100

2- Kinetik 2400

220 Amp Iraggi Alt.

2006 Grand Prix

I started mapping out my runs and trying to get figures for wiring, terminals etc when i realized i wasnt exactly sure how i should wire everything. I plan to finish the big3 as im installing my alt, thats no problem. Then run my 1/0 runs to the trunk where my 2 kinetiks will be. Here is where im confused... i know i need to run the batteries in parallel. This is as far as i got...

Should i use dual battery terminals on all 3 batteries and then run 4guage with ring terminals from each battery to my amps, using the stock battery to power the 4/100? Or do i run the 4/100 and 1500 from 1 batt. and the other 1500 from the 2nd batt?

I guess depending on how i wire from each battery determines what type of battery terminals to use. ie. dual 1/0 guage terminals on each post with 4guage ring terminals running off to my amps ...

As you can tell im probably just overthinking this whole mess, but id like to get it taken care of in 1 order rather than realize i forgot a bunch of stuff and get delayed during install.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Comments on fuse blocks, fuse sizes, and locations would greatly help as well.

Sign in to follow this