Sign in to follow this  
bamaboy

2 BTL 18"s in Explorer *pics*

Got the box built today for the 2 BTL 18s, went over to a friends house it is 12 cubes @34hz with 150sq in port, Hifonics XX Goliath @ .7 ohms

It Beats:D ... hard

ran into a problem, one of the wires came undone and i couldnt figure out what happened, we didnt think anything was wrong at first, it was still crazy loud,but got everything fixed now

box weighs a ton, top baffle is 3 layers thick, and the sub is flush mounted in

some pics during the box build and some bad night shots

img0356hl7.jpg

img0358wa9.jpg

the tools and speakers along for the ride

img0369tw9.jpg

Final Turnout:

img0377tb1.jpg

img0380md0.jpg

Since i fixed it, i havnt even went on it yet, only to about avg listening volume, got a good bit to go tomorrow :up2somet:

neighbors suck :(

Wow, would love to see numbers on that for bass race.

img0398kt0.jpg

img0401da1.jpg

img0405yh5.jpg

some new pics

numbers will come soon, they guy that helped me build it has a TL

Something about my truck dosent do good on the new jeezy stuff, mainly hypnotize, one of the notes is a note the roof dosent like

Looks like you've got some beef in there. You should put up those #s when you meter it.

nice looking box, like the sub flush mount.

Yo that was hot, that gucci mane song got some low low notes.

Well i want a Fi shirt so im going to come finish this up

After having them in a few days, they make me even happier

I had MTs before these, used them for a while, loved them, when Scott came on with some pics and info about the BTL line i immediately wanted a pair, couldnt afford them though, few months later finally get a vehicle big enough for 2 18s and i bought them

Good: Shipping was great on them, arrived here nicely in its packaging

Well i want a Fi shirt so im going to come finish this up

After having them in a few days, they make me even happier

I had MTs before these, used them for a while, loved them, when Scott came on with some pics and info about the BTL line i immediately wanted a pair, couldnt afford them though, few months later finally get a vehicle big enough for 2 18s and i bought them, and here i am now

Good: (start from the top)

1 Customer Service is top notch, site is easy to use, straight foward

2 Any time you need a question answered, Scott, Nick or Shawn will get there as soon as they can

3 Shipping was great on them, arrived here nicely in its packaging

4 When i got to listen to the 1 18 before i got the 2nd one, i was blown away, box was a 6cube @37hz box i had for an MT18 a while back,

sub did great, still had good lows and the 40-50hz range was deadly

5 got both of them in the other day, 12 cubes net, tuning at 34hz with 150sq in port, so the box is on the smaller side, for daily driving it is

almost perfect sounding to me, plays low notes crazy, and sound very nice for what they are SPL subs, better than the MTs to me

6 These subs do good on rap music, havnt really tried them on any rock

7 power is coming from a Hifonics XX-Goliath at .7ohms, so in a perfect world they are getting 2500rms apiece, even when i ran the 1 on

the Goliath it didnt even phase it

Bad:

1 not too much i can think of i dont like, but it took a little bit for scott to make it, dont remember how long, it wasnt terrible but i didnt

have any bass and i dont like waiting, ive gotten the express shipping some times on things if its not too much more, but thats more

me, i love the way they custom make them so i think its worth it for the wait

2 WEIGHT!!! i think i broke my back trying to put the box in... :( 2 60lb subs + super heavy box= not good for bama

thats about it on the bad, neither one is too major, 2nd one dosent even count :D

img0201rg5.jpg

img0205nm5.jpg

img0234ps8.jpg

Sign in to follow this