gone_blow_it_up

OHH! MEHMOUDH'S BTL 12'' LOG!! OHH!

Hey there guys...I'm new here on the forum and have just finished my first install on my 02' Civic. Haha after reading the Towncar Log, I have to say I'm deathly afraid of posting this log up, but will do so anyways so I could recieve some input from you SSA Gods and other members. ;)

Hope you guys like it.

So after the wiring finally made it in my hands, I sanded the box down like a muuug, and carpetted it with some good ol' AutoZone carpeting. I still haven't glued down the port side carpet, but heres what it looked like after the carpetting. (By the way AutoZone not having enough carpet in each package = FTL.)

Picture044.jpg

I then moved to the amp "rack." I figured the smartest, best-looking location for mounting the amp would be behind the rear car seats. But since the amp freaking weighs 32678560 pounds, I needed to find a way to reinforce the seats. So I unzipped the babe, and stuck some good ol' BTL-packaged plywood up her essho. I simply placed the wood on the foamage, and welded some thin strips of metal on the side-metal thingies. The wood won

Then the !Xio-bileh went inside its home. God, finally. Alllll the wiring got hidden/installed inside. Kicker Hyperflex ftw, muhfuh. That stuff is amazing as hell. And now I know why flexibility matters so much.

Picture047.jpg

Picture048.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

Then the 150-pound piece of wood and metal met its home. It was so god damn heavvvy.

Then the ish got mounnnnnnted. I found a clever way of hiding part of the ugly bracket, which was by making a small notch in the carpet of the trunk, so I could put part of the bracket under the carpet, and the other half attach to the box. This way, the dumb thiefs could be stupid enough to not even notice that theres brackets there. Maybe. Heres some pics of the brackets and such. Holy shiatsu this camera rules.

Picture093.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture094.jpg

LOL so yeah I didn

Then I did some cleaning up and powered the mug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first I spazzed out because the amp didn't turn on, but after changing the location of the ground, my sub started moving. Heres some of the othe picturrrressss. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Here

TTB made some good blueprints. i waited about 1 month too long to get one :(

as far as i can see you did an excellent install. i'll probably get poked fun of more for my build cuz it's not as pretty.

I think that is a great sub/amp combo.

it is a nice combo...but..

the typing made my eyes hurt. and the install can be made a bit cleaner, as far as the wiring to the amp goes. but overall, not bad. one last gripe, the "ghetto lean" with the sub is played out.

but still looks far better then another build log in this section, lol......

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

it is a nice combo...but..

the typing made my eyes hurt. and the install can be made a bit cleaner, as far as the wiring to the amp goes. but overall, not bad. one last gripe, the "ghetto lean" with the sub is played out.

Haha thanks for the comment. As for the wiring, I could have made it much cleaner but I guess the whole fact that no one was going to be able to see it anyways made me a bit lazy on the whole organizing deal. :D

Btw what do you mean by ghetto lean?

lmao...

sorry bigpete. i apologize, hehe. thanks for not taking offense bro!! it wasn't intended for you.

i understand about the wiring. it's understandable. not being seen= can get away with a bit more. as to the lean, you have the sub tilted, Fi is at an angle, hence, ghetto lean, lol. not a big deal, just a personal preference.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

IMO Kent the ghetto lean is right on when another sub is there in addition and going the opposite way.

J