SQnissan

10" Critical Mass subs

The stuff from the ORIGINAL CM was great. I do however have a problem with them recommending a 52Hz tune in .75 cubes with that driver. WTF are they thinking?

well they will be sealed in .5cu ft each. so the 52Hz tuning shouldent matter right??

I'd tune to say 42.......i only say thins beacuse 42 seems to be the magical number in tuning freq.

J

I'd tune to say 42.......i only say thins beacuse 42 seems to be the magical number in tuning freq.

J

You're messing with us right?

Seriously though. It's got a 3" coil, which has the added benefit of convection cooling on the outside, so I see no thermal problems arising. You'll definately hit its mechanical limits far before the thermal comes into play.

YOu want good clean bass with some extension, tune right around the Fs, course if you're going sealed, it shouldn't matter atall. I'd definatelt use a slightly larger enclosure if you can though. That .75 will offer you better lowend and increased efficiency. I'm HIGHLY skeptical of the linear throw capability though. You will know when it's had too much.