Sign in to follow this  
sgdenny

My BL

Well to start off with, the BL only has the pole chamfer upgrade and is in a 3.7 cf box tuned to 33 Hz in a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon hatch. I am powering it with a MB Quart RAA1000 (Soon to be Sundown SAE1000), stock alt, and battery (no dimmage :))

Now to the good stuff...When I came home and saw the box I was so excited (I was actually denied admission to UF earlier that day but I didnt give a sh!t cause I had this monster :) ) and I opened the box and wow, this sub looked freakin nice. I opened up all the packaging and carefully inspected every little nook and cranny of the sub and was drooling the whole time.

I have dealt with many subwoofers from kicker l7s, eclipse, aa assassins, kicker cvrs, but none of them were like this one.

I went outside and hooked the sub up. I took it easy the first few days but then last Saturday I brought it to a local middle school parking lot so I could let it wang. First off this woofer has VERY good SQ and IMO plays each note EXACTLY as it was meant to be heard, which you could not say about my other woofers. It also keeps up with every note verrrrrrry well. My previous subs, AA Assassins which are deamed as SQ subs couldnt match the quickness and accuracy that the BL had. This was a very pleasent suprise. Then I turned on a little Late Nite Tip and Hynotize. WOW. My Rearview was flexing as I had never seen before, my spoiler rattled as if it was going to fall off and literally flipped my HU remote when I put it on the spoiler. It also knocked my garage door opener off of its clip within 10 seconds.

Now to the real unbaised opinion...My girlfriend, whom has been with me for 2 years of car audio escapades. She used to turn my headunit subwoofer volume to -15 everytime she was in the car with me with my other subs because they "sounded bad and muddy" but I am proud to say that now she listens to the subwoofer level at 0, sometimes even +5, and she loves it. Thank you FI, I can fianlly bump 24/7 now :)

I am so satisfied with the customer serivce and the product that I recieved. Every person who gets into my car, leaves with their mouth open, amazed how one sub can be so damn loud but sound so good.

Finally, I will have to apologize for the crappy camera phone pics but it is all that I have at the moment. THANKS AGAIN!!!!

dsc00128st7.th.jpg

dsc00130bd8.th.jpg

dsc00136ca9.th.jpg

dsc00137ar5.th.jpg

dsc00145dj5.th.jpg

dsc00147uu7.th.jpg

wow great review man, i wanted to get a 15" Q but i think i wanna get the 15" BL now. looks like u have only about 1000-1200 watts to ur BL, thats good cuz i have a kicker zx1000.1 to work with and its rated at 1347 watts! good luck with the BL man, and i hope mine does well 2

Well to start off with, the BL only has the pole chamfer upgrade and is in a 3.7 cf box tuned to 33 Hz in a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon hatch. I am powering it with a MB Quart RAA1000 (Soon to be Sundown SAE1000), stock alt, and battery (no dimmage :))

Now to the good stuff...When I came home and saw the box I was so excited (I was actually denied admission to UF earlier that day but I didnt give a sh!t cause I had this monster :) ) and I opened the box and wow, this sub looked freakin nice. I opened up all the packaging and carefully inspected every little nook and cranny of the sub and was drooling the whole time.

I have dealt with many subwoofers from kicker l7s, eclipse, aa assassins, kicker cvrs, but none of them were like this one.

I went outside and hooked the sub up. I took it easy the first few days but then last Saturday I brought it to a local middle school parking lot so I could let it wang. First off this woofer has VERY good SQ and IMO plays each note EXACTLY as it was meant to be heard, which you could not say about my other woofers. It also keeps up with every note verrrrrrry well. My previous subs, AA Assassins which are deamed as SQ subs couldnt match the quickness and accuracy that the BL had. This was a very pleasent suprise. Then I turned on a little Late Nite Tip and Hynotize. WOW. My Rearview was flexing as I had never seen before, my spoiler rattled as if it was going to fall off and literally flipped my HU remote when I put it on the spoiler. It also knocked my garage door opener off of its clip within 10 seconds.

Now to the real unbaised opinion...My girlfriend, whom has been with me for 2 years of car audio escapades. She used to turn my headunit subwoofer volume to -15 everytime she was in the car with me with my other subs because they "sounded bad and muddy" but I am proud to say that now she listens to the subwoofer level at 0, sometimes even +5, and she loves it. Thank you FI, I can fianlly bump 24/7 now :)

I am so satisfied with the customer serivce and the product that I recieved. Every person who gets into my car, leaves with their mouth open, amazed how one sub can be so damn loud but sound so good.

Finally, I will have to apologize for the crappy camera phone pics but it is all that I have at the moment. THANKS AGAIN!!!!

dsc00128st7.th.jpg

dsc00130bd8.th.jpg

dsc00136ca9.th.jpg

dsc00137ar5.th.jpg

dsc00145dj5.th.jpg

dsc00147uu7.th.jpg

what amp you pushin? it with sundown 1500? i wan thionkin about the same setup man.

except with a yellowtop. :)

Thanks for the review. Please keep us posted as to how it does long term... itll break in some over time and the sound will slightly change. Most say it drops a little deeper after break in.

Sign in to follow this