Sign in to follow this  
tejcurrent

My brothers BL Pics

Here are some pics of my bros 12" BL. I told someone I'd post pics, forgot the topic and decided I'd post them here for the world to see.

Here's the pics from it arriving, looking pimp on my hand made quilts :)

BL_3.jpg

BL_2.jpg

BL_1.jpg

Beefy, heavy, and all around looks great.

Here's a pic of it compared to his old 12" Kicker L7. The pic doesn't show the difference that great, but it's tremendous. The L7 weighs a fraction as much, and just doesn't have the threatening feeling the BL does.

BL_4.jpg

We put the sub in at the college nearby, oh well :)

The box is an old box that I made for my 12" alpine type-x. It's only 1.1 cube net tuned to 32hz. very small on the BL, but we haven't made his yet. We're trying to bend the mdf to curve under his dash nicely, so in the mean time, at least he has some thump. Really really needs recarpeted, but it's so temporary it's not worth it.

BL_5.jpg

Here's a pic of it in his truck. This shows how out of place this box is, it takes up half the passenger side as well as the center. This is the only place he can make it fit- he just doesn't have room behind the seat.

BL_7.jpg

And finally some excursion. This isn't full excursion, this was just a pic I got off some music.

BL_6.jpg

It sounds REALLY deep, but over all not beautiful. I'm almost 100% sure it's because of the box being way to small. It's a well made box other than the carpet, but it's just not right for this sub. It does get very loud considering the box-very authoritative and pust pressure on those low notes, especially for a single 12. He's running this off of 1 hifonics 2006d at 1 ohm.

I'll update this w/ the build log as soon as we get started on the box. I just figured I'd go ahead and upload this for him so he can be getting some ideas/comments.

Thanks.

Edited by tejcurrent

Sign in to follow this