Sign in to follow this  
tru

3kw, 8 cubes, 2-12"s

so Im trying something new with my truck, I have an ext cab s-10 with a hole in the back...a big one... I can fit 2 12'ss, have about 8 cubes to work with(preferably a little less), and 3000 watts of power. I really want to give fi a try after having some trouble with my previous subs. Im lost as to which to go for the BL SSD or the Q, all seem to be a good choice to me for my application.

Im going to go ported for sure, around 35hz. First in foremost i want loud music, It doesnt have to be the most accurate, but i dont want it to sound like a fart iether. So, can you guys help feed my addiction?

heres whats in there now as well as the previous set up.

DLS MS6 comps, powered by an Ed 9.2x

645_111.jpg

the twins, 2 Ed 9.1's

645_414.jpg

the whole...

645_433.jpg

the old setup, tuned around 35hz. Had more lowend then i could imagine but had zero top-end...I assume due to cancellation. when i was only running 2 of the 4 i couldnt believe how much top-end was missing b4.

645_459.jpg

And currently...

645_590.jpg

645_592.jpg

last the truck

645_595.jpg

tweets are in the dash, where factory 4x6's go. not the best but it works i guess.

as far as box reccomendations go, what size box do i need to make any of the above mentioned subs to really shine with the power i have? I think the BL's might be my best choice as well

go with the recomendations in the stickied thread for the bl's

that just seems so small, im worried it wont be what im looking for in such a small box. larger the box the larger the peak near tuning. do you guys know where i can get the driver files for win-isd?

Id say 2 BLs as well. I have one on a Nine.1 and it just slams in 2.2 cuft @ 30hz.

If you have 8 cubes my personal preference would be 2 15" BLs. But if you're sure you want 12s then bl 12s. Are you only having the port enter the cab? That's just what it looks like from the pics.

If you have 8 cubes my personal preference would be 2 15" BLs. But if you're sure you want 12s then bl 12s. Are you only having the port enter the cab? That's just what it looks like from the pics.

15's absolutely will not fit in this case, the port and subs will be allowed to enter the cab. the one box is a 4th orger and all it had was ports to enter the cab

Sign in to follow this