Sign in to follow this  
galacticmonkey

BTL Wangage Video

alot of us didn't build our own boxes. i'm sure there was some unforseen source of why he blew a couple. no big deal, people blow subs all the time. he didn't whine or get pissed or anything like that. just took care of it. hopefully he learned and will be able to prevent it the next time it happens.

so ur sayin that 3000watts to a btl is a bad thing? :morning:

but really who cares if he built the box or not?

someone sounds a lil jealous :P , lol

no, actually im not at all. that truck would have lasted about a month before it started completely falling apart.

it was more like 4k+

the tinsel leads seperated from the cone IIRC it was a poorly designed box that caused a ton of back pressure.

i am curious to see if he got everything fixed though, but i dont feel like heading over to ROE.

Me and two other people worked on the build. After about a week of beating on them with 2 Sundown SAZ-1500Ds per sub, strapped @ .7ohm, the tinsels fried and the pressure from the other subs seperated the cone from the spider on the first one. Then another one had the same thing happen, minus the cone seperation.

I thought the strapping @ .7ohm would work, but it doesnt. It wasnt the wattage, as the coils were fine, but the current from the amps. The amps took .35 on music. They got pretty warm, but they could do it if they needed to.

I ordered 4 Dual 1 ohm recones and they were reconed yesterday. I think strapping @ 2 ohm will be much better for daily. There might be some cancellation in the enclosure, but its not the design that messed up the subs. It was simple running 4,400rms to each sub @ .35 ohm with 77amps of current per coil.

I bassraced with 1 sub and with it about 1/2 volume on a song doing a consistent 30hz I almost took the 139.9 class. It probably had a 143-145 in it with 1 sub. Numbers coming this Sunday.

I will say that looks hellacious. still curious about the #s with everything going.

The 2nd song was Hypnotize by Jeezy (1st track off latest album).

Ya, one song was a slowed down version of In The Hood by Trae, and the other was Hypnotize by Jeezy.

Expect numbers Sunday night probably. Will be my first time bassracing the 150-159.9 class. Always did 149.9 before... Never 150+.

Wow. can't wait to see some #s- good luck at the comp.

"lol...hes like my age (18-19)" - is this so? I just started drinking in the bar this year, so I guess not too far off. ;)

Edited by tejcurrent

Ya, Im turning 19 in August.

Ive been into car audio for a while, and Ive just been working, saving money, and going bigger each time. I started off with a 15" Type R (old school one) and a Bazooka 1500 watt amp. Went a little bigger to 2 10s, then 3 15s, then 6 15s, now 4 18s.

Kinda scary to think that in 2 years Ive went from about 500rms to 17,000. :OhYeah:

It's addictive. I was in high school, started with 2 type-r 10s in my first car, been going from there. Buy YOUR stuff while you can. Being married has a drain on the wallet ;) I want 2 more BTLs & amps, she wants appliances- I'm like "baby we can live on bass and love".

Guess not.

Haha I get what you're sayin.

Luckily enough, Im fortunate to have my parents pay for most of my things since I still live at home, and it leaves me with enough money to fund my passion. When I get a second job, hopefully this will start movin faster! I really wanna get more stuff. I still need to make the back show quality with a nice amprack and some speakers, need way more speakers and tweeters in the cab, some Sundown SAX mids/highs amps, and a new HU.

I really wanna swap out my Eminence for B&C 6.5s They are sooooooooooo sexy.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.c...tnumber=294-650

A bunch of those on 100rms each and some nice tweeters. Now that would be badass.

Good luck, I know my mids are a bit lacking still, but I'll probably just upgrade the speakers from the CDTs I have now and a 2nd 4channel for the rear.

Well as of a 2 hours ago, its up and running again.

The whole piece in my ceiling that holds some storage places, AC vents, dome lights, etc, completely came out. I jammed it back up there as good as I could...

Sign in to follow this