Sign in to follow this  
niqnak

12 or 15

Im about to be getting my car and my system is going in ASAP. I know I want a D2, but I cant decide which size. I would like to have a 15 since it gets louder and lower and I mostly listen to rap music, but will the 4.5 cu ft box fit in my trunk ok? I am getting a 1990 BMW 325is so it has a decent sized trunk, but how big is it gonna be really? Anyone have any pics of that sized box? Also, do you think I REALLY need the 15? I plan on running 1100 watts to the sub. This will be my first system so I really don't know a whole lot about the actually sound of things, just word of mouth. Yes, I know I will have to wait on a 15, but if it will work better for me thats no big deal.

Thanks.

You could also go sealed, about 2.5 cubic foot, and still have plenty of bass. You don't need a vented box for our 15's at all.

mine is in 2 cuft sealed, is that to small??? 15 that is.

The box will be rather large once you add the port displacement. Try it sealed first. If it's not enough for ya, port it.

Maybe, maybe not. LOUD is a general term. You cannot really say one thing will be louder than another. There are so many factors that will determine the "loudness."

You'll be pleased with whatever choice you make. :D

YOu plan on competing?

maybe, i havent decided yet, i guess when i say loud i mean my bass just booming, i want people to hear the system and be like :o

Edited by niqnak

If you want it to sound good...and loud.....put it in the recommended box

If you want it to set off alarms and be able to hear it 1/4 mile away...put it in a smaller box and HOPE that it sounds like this pooh...because it's hard to do with a Magnum...(High Qtc)

Personally...I ran probably 1kw to each of mine in a ported box tuned to 28hz...and while it sounded ridiculously loud inside the car..it didn't sound THAT loud outside the car...which I prefer...because usually being able to hear it outside the car makes it sound like CRAP..IMO...you get that STUPID STUPID boomy sloppy bass that pretty much is just a HUGE PEAK in the frequency response.

If you want to compete...put the 12/15 in about a 3.5-6 cube box with an adjustable port at 30hz and 38hz

Clarke is the enclosure finished yet???

Clarke is the enclosure finished yet???

Ask me tomorrow night...

i got mine in a 3.3 cuft venter box used the box plan from gnome audio... man it was crazy loud haha i got a 2003 civic it fits but it was a pain in the ass to get in and the sub is facing up instead of back of the trunk on the side, like how i would want it but its ok.... lets just say i wanan go to a seal enclosure my lil civic can't handle that power...