Sign in to follow this  
meistah

my maw for ht?

im wanting to use one of my maw-15s in a ht application. I figured that the bash-300 off mach5's website would power it quite well and be very nice in a 2cuft stuffed box. however there is no way for me to run the maw at 4ohms is there? its only 2 and 8 with dvc?

That should work alright, 2ft^3 seems a little on the small side though to me.

Yes with Dual 4's you can run at either 2 or 8ohms

yea, box will be more like 2.5ft stuffed. i just want to make sure the bass is really tight and punchy...so how much does the bash300 put out at 8ohm? im assuming its not 2ohm stable

2.5cf stuffed will work nicely, you might not even need the stuffing.

Also, just run a single coil of the MAW15 off the amp, the sub will take it no problem.

I am running a MAW 15 off of a BASH 300 in a sealed ~ 2.4 ft63 or something haha box. Like Viperoni suggested, I Just run it off one coil. Works like a charm :)

hmm, interesting, so more or less exactly the same as what i would be running sub wise. How does it sound? i would imagine it gets pretty loud:p but how is it for movies and whatnot? only other subs ive run in a HT application are computer speakers, like the logitech z680s(10" sub) and my current edifier 5.1s (8" sub w/ 90watt amp), which i will be hooking the maw up to until i get a proper receiver and towers and whatnot.

Yes, more less what you wouold be running.

I imagine it will be a big step up from your computer subs in both output and cleanliness.

"How does it sounds?" FANTASTIC! I'm a huge fan of the MAW series. I couldn't be more pleased.

The MAW 15 is VERY clean sounding, and even in the sealed enclosure, goes pretty low.

Good for movies, music,... pretty much anythinng.

Let us know how the build goes :)