vince0616

New Setup Suggestions

I'm about to redo my small trunk setup (G35 Coupe), and I am going to be putting in two 10" subs ported to try to maximize output in my small space (3-3.5^3 ft). Right now I have an Orion h2.12.2 to last me until I am finished with my new project. The amp is a US Amps MD.3D (06 model), and the subs that are highest on my list right now are the Sound Splinter rl-i's or similar. I know there are probably subs that would better fit my needs, but I just cant think of them right now. Price isn't too much of an issue if the sub is actually worth the price. I might even break down and get some W7's if they end up being the best for the money.

Edited by SoundsGood

The RL-is are very nice subs, but not sure if they are really going to like the full power of the MD3. You could wire them to a higher ohm load, but then you would not be getting the most out of your amp.

Other high power 10's I can suggest in addition, are:

Fi Q 10

SSA ICON 10D2

you can't go wrong with the rl-i. it's under rated a bit, has great output potential, and is/can be a small box woofer. and it's backed by one helluva nice guy.

that being said, the other options listed above by denim are in the same playing field. solid performers, excellent people behind them and a good price.

anyone of those three would be a great choice. teh ICON would be the rarest/biggest no one else has them factor at the moment. the fi is the middle child with the rl-i being the oldest sub in the group.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Thanks. I like the FI Q the most out of the three. Do either of you know what the "BP power" option on the woofers is? I was about to order a couple, but I'm not sure if I would need that option.

The BP power is an option that allows a little more power handling for the sub.

So I'm guessing that wouldn't be a bad idea if they are seeing 2500+ watts, right? Thanks for the quick response by the way.

So I'm guessing that wouldn't be a bad idea if they are seeing 2500+ watts, right? Thanks for the quick response by the way.

I'd definitely go BP Power with that much power :)

:)