Sign in to follow this  
Parker

Battery Banks

I'm currently doing up my electrical system to support my SAZ-3000D. I currently have a "200" amp alternator (E-bay special) and I'm looking into doing a 6 battery bank but I have never gone to this extreme, so I was wanting any advice as to wire or to run this type of set up. just to ensure proper charging and what not. Any advice in this field would be very very appericated.

To those who are wondering why 6 batts for 1 amp, I'm planning on getting another 3000 as soon as budget allows.

Just wire them all in parallel with 1/0 and you'll be fine :) Alternatively, you could run Buss bars over the terminals, works the same way.

Edited by Big E

Just run some buss bars. Get a good piece of copper peferably. Make it about 1/2-3/4" thick and just drill the holes where you need em. Much neater than running wire. Heres my buss bars to give you an idea. Another place to look is termpro.com they have tons of pics with cars using them.

Picture1272.jpg

Heres another I found a picture of in my photobucket.

Picture026.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Just run some buss bars. Get a good piece of copper peferably. Make it about 1/2-3/4" thick and just drill the holes where you need em. Much neater than running wire. Heres my buss bars to give you an idea. Another place to look is termpro.com they have tons of pics with cars using them.

Picture1272.jpg

Heres another I found a picture of in my photobucket.

Picture026.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Thank you for the tips can anybody tell me if Lifeline GPL 31 batteries will have good enough output for a stereo.They're designed for marine applications but they're made with that AGM and they're deep cycle so I figured that they would work but it never hurts to make sure or just ask for a second opinion. Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this