Sign in to follow this  
madscientist

SAE-1000D

I'm curious why there hasn't been any mention of these amps since the preorder shipped out. There was a lot of talk up until then and I sort of expected some reviews to follow. Maybe I missed it but I dont remember seeing anything.

So how is everyone liking these? I am considering picking up a couple and just wondering how they are performing for people.

I love mine! It stays quite cool even after usage, too. I'll try and write up a review soon, but these 6 days/week working are killing me...

Everyone who as written back that has got one from us has all loved them for the power and the small foot print.

If interested email support@soundsolutionsaudio.com for a quote. :)

Generally if you hear nothing it's a good sign, people WILL chime in when they aren't happy :)

I've had very little feedback considering how many are out there, so I'm assuming those who are quiet like them, the ones who have written me have written to tell me they are impressed and really enjoy their amp.

Generally if you hear nothing it's a good sign, people WILL chime in when they aren't happy :)

I've had very little feedback considering how many are out there, so I'm assuming those who are quiet like them, the ones who have written me have written to tell me they are impressed and really enjoy their amp.

Yeah, that's true. I was just surprised that no one came on here and said "hey this is a great amp." There always seems to be a lot of talk about the 1500D - just surprising to not hear about the 1000D. I'm sure its a great amp. I've heard enough good things about Sundown to warrant a purchase - just deciding whether to go 1500D or two 1000Ds.

Yeah, that's true. I was just surprised that no one came on here and said "hey this is a great amp." There always seems to be a lot of talk about the 1500D - just surprising to not hear about the 1000D. I'm sure its a great amp. I've heard enough good things about Sundown to warrant a purchase - just deciding whether to go 1500D or two 1000Ds.

Ah, well that is an easy one, especially if you already have subs. If you have a 1 ohm load, 1500D, if you have a 2 ohm load, two 1000Ds. In either event unless you are running competition at loads under 1 ohm / voltage over 14.4 volts the pair of 1000Ds will be more powerful.

Ah, well that is an easy one, especially if you already have subs. If you have a 1 ohm load, 1500D, if you have a 2 ohm load, two 1000Ds. In either event unless you are running competition at loads under 1 ohm / voltage over 14.4 volts the pair of 1000Ds will be more powerful.

Well, I don't have the subs. But I am leaning towards a pair of 12" SSDs with copper coils. I have heard that they will be OK on a 1500D, but I can't help but want to put them on 2 1000Ds. Always been a fan of overhead and plus I want to make sure I get the most out of them.

Copper coiled and BP power would be my pick :)

love my sae 1000 currently installed. there a reason why i bought another. but i mus say, having a f'ed up iraggi being sent back and low batts now + florida summer heat. my amps getting a little hot. combine that with 1 ohm operation and not alot of air circulation. so not amps fault. they sure are nice. i need to make a fanned enclosure for the amps push pull thingy.

im loving it, all my friends are pissed at my 15 fi q and this amp. none of my friends have heard of either brand and now their all wanting to change their setups to something recommended by me LOL!

I finally got mine installed last night. It is powering a SI BM10. I haven't had a chance to properly set the gains yet, but even so, everything sounds great (and I have yet to finish the installation of my 100.2 with rainbow SLC265 comps). I should be able to finish the install of the second amp and comps tonight, and set the gains for the whole system this weekend. I will give a full review once finished.

I told my friend to get one when the preorder was going on. Installed it for him the other day for his 2 12w3v2's. Love the small footprint and power. Thumbs up over here.

Sign in to follow this