emperorjj1

Q vs 05 XXX

After my 1 day spl build with a loaned RE MT i have to have bass so im going to be getting 2 of these subs soon. so im just wondering the differences between the old XXX and the Q?

which would handle more power

which would sound the best

and which would be the loudest (theoreticlly)

my amp is a T30001bd with a birthsheet of 3688w

Edited by EmperorJJ1

Scott's said this before, but the XXX tended to sound more "sterile" because of its very low distortion...some people like this, others don't. The Q is a more "natural" sounding driver...and also is a bit more forgiving with blending to your front stage. The XXX demands a strong midbass presence because of its top end rolloff.

Lucky for you, I went from an 05 XXX 12 to a Q12. Both were on a 2000 watt US Amps USA-2000x. The XXX 12 and Q were both tuned to 32 hz. I've heard both subs in a sealed box as well (the Q for a short while). They are very similar...low end monsters.

The only edge that the XXX has is a little more power handling and the XXX is slightly sharper and quicker than the Q. It is a minor difference but the XXX handled fast transients better and cleaner but only very slightly.

The Q is louder, especially at 80hz+. Weighs half what a XXX weighs. Costs less. Maybe more low bass...I really didn't notice a significant gain down low.

The Q takes the 2000 watts but really complains on test tones and heavy bass music. The XXX was more reliable at 2000 watts than the Q.

The Q solves all of the weaknesses of the XXX with a very minor penalty in SQ. Needless to say, the all 3 of my 05 XXXs went up for sale...I have never looked back.

And to expand on what RIckRolled said, the XXX played everything razor sharp, the Q softens things up a bit.

Edited by bigjae1976

cool thanks for letting me know... just wondering thou u got your q before the cooling option right?