Sign in to follow this  
Tirefryr

Played with my MAG today!!

WEll, I had some other enclosures to build today so I decided I'd get a little playtime with the Magnum in...

My baffle is pretty much finished up except for the cosmetics so I went ahead and hung it all from the deck and ran some speaker wire from my truck to the trunk of the Cutlass.

Wow!!! This thing is AMAZING IB!!! GOOD GOD!!! I love this; I'm so happy with this application right now it's like getting laid! I don't remember the last time I sat in a vehicle with just a subwoofer playing and actually enjoyed it. Hell, I don't think I ever have until today. If anyone has the time and patience for this, I would highly recommend trying it. YOu will not be displeased!!

Also built another large enclosure for it so I could get a little louder for the hell of it. Came out to 5.32 cubes tuned to 32Hz. This thins was loud as hell with 1.2K on it. The rear of my cab and window were flexing so violently I though the glass was going to shatter and the truck fall apart! It was frightening. Just thought I would share my playday with everyone!

Thank You Nick! :D

Edited by Tirefryr

Sweetness!! I'm glad you like it. I know I would. :) My install will involve numerous sealed drivers, but if I could I would run a 15 IB in a heart beat.

PS: My install started today (minus a gimp-ass hoss). The entire interitor was gutted and we deadened the cab. The "trunk" was deadened yesterday with the help of Jacob.

And I own an Import Tuner...not a ricer. There's a big difference. Heck...my last car was a 1969 SS 396 El Camino. AKA: A Chevelle without the rear end. I had fun with that car, but 10 mpg wasn't cool at all.

Nick, I cuss you for starting the install without me....I see how it is. :)

Looks like I'll just be fiberglassin' random molds of stuff up here in the 'ole mountains.

josh

Josh, I tried calling you twice this weekend and I even called your wife's phone! I tried getting you up here to at least see the car. :(

I still need kicks and a massive fiberglas / carbon fiber enclosure in the car. A weekend trip up to your place is in order. :)

Yah Josh... I need kicks and tweeter A-Pillar mounts fiberglassed. You up for it?

Fellas...i'm up for it all....only weekend that's a no-go is memorial day weekend for us. I just need to know a date so I can prepare to get some good food to cook for ya. :)

Whew....I was beginning to think I was gonna hafta start masking off the dogs and make molds just out of sheer boredom. :wacko:

Fellas...i'm up for it all....only weekend that's a no-go is memorial day weekend for us. I just need to know a date so I can prepare to get some good food to cook for ya. :)

Whew....I was beginning to think I was gonna hafta start masking off the dogs and make molds just out of sheer boredom. :wacko:

Hell, if that's the case, make the trip to South Bend and help me out with the fiberglass well enclosure for a 95 Z28. Think a 15" Mag in 4 cubes will be loud enough in that hatch? B)

like I said you can always glass me some kickpanels for my Altima.