Sign in to follow this  
lolhater6683

amp questions

im running a hifonics bxi1206 on a fi ssd 15. im just wondering and have some questions about tuning the amp. can someone tell me like how i should adjust the amp and let it play loud but safely. what is the subsonic filter ? does it need to be all the way up or all the way down? im kinda lost on some of this....

im running a hifonics bxi1206 on a fi ssd 15. im just wondering and have some questions about tuning the amp. can someone tell me like how i should adjust the amp and let it play loud but safely. what is the subsonic filter ? does it need to be all the way up or all the way down? im kinda lost on some of this....

Tuning the amp is dependent on many factors.

1. what voltage your h/u is putting out is where you should match your 'level'- just see what voltage it says the h/u has for its pre-outs.

2. your low pass is how high you want it to play (up to 60hz is really the highest you should go).

3. the sub sonic is how low you want it to play. If it's in a ported box, you should have your subsonic set around the frequency the box is tuned to- if sealed then just set to 0 (or I believe 15 in that amps case).

4. Leave your bass EQ off (it's just bass boost and it will clip the signal- equalize the bass where you want it from your head unit or equalizer instead.

5. Someone else might be able to tell you more about phase

Edited by tejcurrent

loud but safely is good.... set gains to point of clipping. Previously I set gains by ear and subsonic by test tones.

If you must turn your bass boost on, make sure you turn the gains down a bit more. The bass boost will clip a signal pretty quickly which isn't good.

Try to play with the phasing, see what works better. Whether the sub is in or out of phase doesn't matter.

Sign in to follow this