Sign in to follow this  
UNIT 6639

BL 10" in 2.15 cuft

I got a baffel cut for my 12" box so I could convert it to accept my BL 10", I have a box uilt to spec for the BL only its for 2 BL's. I have not got around to ordering the 2nd (money) so I had to put it in something else until I get the second.

My dual box is common chamber, so I cant run it that way without the other sub. So, I put the BL in the 2.15 cuft box powered by my 9.1, 1200 rms, its very loud and low, only, I know its not good for the sub to be in a box thats too big.

I hear it will make the sub super efficient (spelling) , I am thinking to add some MDF to the box to shrink it down or run the sub at 4 ohms (450 rms) until I can get the 2nd one for the dual install.

Scott, Nick , Shawn, anybody, what do you guys think?

Just run it as is and make sure that it doesnt go into over excursion in the larger enclosure. All you are really doing is loosing some mechanical restoring control of the smaller enclosure... gaining some efficiency and probably depth.

Thanks,

Scott

Just run it as is and make sure that it doesnt go into over excursion in the larger enclosure. All you are really doing is loosing some mechanical restoring control of the smaller enclosure... gaining some efficiency and probably depth.

Thanks,

Scott

It does move a bit in the larger box , I dont know how much it was moving when I had it in a smaller box because it was inverted, it was too big for the box I already had for a single 10", the cut out would not clear the basket and the wire terminals, so I had to remove the gasket and invert it.

So I just need watch the excursion, cool, I can do that. Is there any way to notice it over excurting (is that a word) other than visualy? I mean, would I hear anything if it was going beyond its mechanical limits?

Sign in to follow this