bikerdude

shhhhh I want to do some crazy 8s!

Don't tell the Fi folks I am thinking of moving away from my 15" BL...lol I've been doing my research on 8" subs, and I think I kinda settled on the RL-i8s. I am thinking of a pair of 8s dual 4ohm, wired for a final load of 4ohm for daily driving so the amp will put out about 750watts at 4ohm. The amp is a RFT10001BD. Do you think both of those subs can handle a total of 1500watts@1ohm? I guess for burps and bass race? How would the subs like it in a ported box at lets say 1.6cuft tuned to 32-35hz?

I want to choose this sub over the Kicker L7 8", just because I don't like mainstream subwoofers.

And this way I can gain my trunk space back and spare tire!!! That 15" sub took up the whole trunk in my scion tc.

Those are great 8's and can definitely work ported. I think your enclosure is a bit big, unless you are saying for the pair. 1500w may be a bit much, but if you are smart about it they should be fine. If you aren't you have enough power to do damage. Kent has put more than that on his though, mine has never seen more than 500w but it took it like a champ and that is for a single one.

There are a good number of us who have an RL-i 8. Honestly I feel it is a must have sub regardless if you need it or not. :)

Anyway, like Sean said, Kent or Mike would probably be the best resource for those power levels and box design for your goals.

The crazy 8's class used to be big in MD but I have not seen it around in a while.

There are a good number of us who have an RL-i 8. Honestly I feel it is a must have sub regardless if you need it or not. :)

Anyway, like Sean said, Kent or Mike would probably be the best resource for those power levels and box design for your goals.

The crazy 8's class used to be big in MD but I have not seen it around in a while.

Yeah, I think 8s are crazy! I did the 15" in my Scion because no one has done it, or very few has done it. Now I have no trunk space and the novelty has wore off. Now if I can work a pair of 8s into the 40s that would be awesome, I know it can be done but it has to be done with the right box.

a pair of these damn near hit a 150 legal, lol..check out teamtoxicbass. and it took over 1500wrms each to finally kill them!!

i threw 1700wrms at one in a box damn near as large as the one you have planned for the pair and it still lives. didn't like it, but took it!

like denim said, everyone should have one, whether they need one or not, lol. they are much beefier and sexier then the L7s as well.

140s in your car shouldn't be an issue with a pair of these monsters and the right box. you have the power!

shoot, i got low 30's outa one at 34hz or so and jsut 600wrms.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

To top it off, IMO the L7 8's sound like arse and you could never say anything like about the Rli8 which I really like!

The only thing is that I sux at box design. I can cut, glue, put it together but I need someone to give me the right plans for the planned subs.

Right now with that 15" BL I only got 140.5db@43hz at the dash on a TL car off.

I know box design is everything.

The only thing is that I sux at box design. I can cut, glue, put it together but I need someone to give me the right plans for the planned subs.

Right now with that 15" BL I only got 140.5db@43hz at the dash on a TL car off.

I know box design is everything.

thats funny cuz i'm the total opposite :P i can design, but i can't build lol