Sign in to follow this  
jjg052590

Advice, PLEASE? Thanks

I have a 2005 F150, Supercrew. I've come up with a plan of action that I had planned on doing. I currently have a Jensen VM9022( I know it's not the best), and 4 way 6x8 Pioneers(want to replace) I really want to components, with an amp and 2 10s under the seat(or if I can make my own seat lift) 2 12s under the seat. I listen to Rap, and Country mostly so I like it to REALLY knock.

I have this setup planned

1. Alpine SPX-17REF= $359.98 179.99(each)

2. Alpine MRP-F600= 242.47

3. 10" Kicker Subs/Box Package=359+shipping?

4. Kenwood Excelon X1200M=269

5. Kicker PKD1 Dual amp kit= 102.99

6. Kicker SI27 2 pair RCAs=29.98

7. Monster Cable MPC S302 2C 15M=34.99

Total: 1403

Any critique or advice is more than welcome! I hope to learn a lot from you guys! Thanks a bunch! Any thing I didn't put in I'm sorry and just ask me.

IMO, you can do better with the budget you have. What are your goals? space? overall budget?

If it were me, and if your goals are what I think ( good sounding while getting loud) I would look at doing a single 12 off a 1000 watt amp and a nice set of components off a 50-100 watt/ch amp build a nice simple sealed enclosure for under the back seat. I think you would be more than happy.

Chad

IMO, you can do better with the budget you have. What are your goals? space? overall budget?

If it were me, and if your goals are what I think ( good sounding while getting loud) I would look at doing a single 12 off a 1000 watt amp and a nice set of components off a 50-100 watt/ch amp build a nice simple sealed enclosure for under the back seat. I think you would be more than happy.

Chad

Really? Goals are just loud ya know? I'm just 18 so I like to HEAR the lyrics good loud and clear, while bump and impress people(i know that's dumb but what I want) Space is just whatever I can fit under the back seat. My dad doesn't want me to go too crazy with it.

1.SSA Icon 12D2 + Sundown SAZ-1000D Combo =550.00

2.Sundown Audio SAX-50.4 =255.00

3.Alpine SPX-17REF= $359.98 179.99(each)

8.Materials=100.00

total=around $1450.00

just a suggestion

Chad

8.Materials=100.00

total=around $1450.00

just a suggestion

Chad

So the 1st thing you put is the 12" sub and amp combo. The 2nd is an amp for the components?

8.Materials=100.00

total=around $1450.00

just a suggestion

Chad

So the 1st thing you put is the 12" sub and amp combo. The 2nd is an amp for the components?

correct, I think you would be very happy with the 12 sealed and then later on if you want more you can always build a ported enclosure and gain some output.

Chad

8.Materials=100.00

total=around $1450.00

just a suggestion

Chad

correct, I think you would be very happy with the 12 sealed and then later on if you want more you can always build a ported enclosure and gain some output.

Chad

What are the chances I'd EVER be able to fit that 12 under my back seat?

8.Materials=100.00

total=around $1450.00

just a suggestion

Chad

Chad

you need to measure the space under the seat, h x w x l and then i can help.

Chad

8.Materials=100.00

total=around $1450.00

just a suggestion

Chad

Chad

you need to measure the space under the seat, h x w x l and then i can help.

Chad

I know for a fact, the DEEPEST without a seat lift is 5.25 inside the box of http://supercrewsound.com/commerce/product...10&catId=58 That.

I think the Icon is 6.5" deep. you can do angles to clear you just need to measure measure measure.....lol

Chad

To get everyone accustomed to my build quality, starting April 27th through May 22nd, I will build a custom enclosure to your liking for every subwoofer purchase. The entire enclosure including shipping will be free. The enclosures will be made from 3/4 inch MDF with either double or triple baffles depending on the size woofers. Sealed or ported. Ported enclosures can have normal slot ports, or flared ports whichever you prefer. All enclosures will be wrapped in a high quality non-backed carpet and use high quality Metra terminals along with Kicker 12 AWG Twisted Technology speaker wire. I will have more information on all materials avaliable for wrapping along with photos of swatch colors within the next few days.

This offer stands for every line I carry: SSA, Incriminator, Kicker, and Soundstream

I would get a hold of Quentin at Audibel Customs. This is one deal you can not pass up!

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=27460

:fing34:

I think the Icon is 6.5" deep. you can do angles to clear you just need to measure measure measure.....lol

Chad

I'll try to find some time to measure. Studying for those dang finals! :( Hate college lol! I'm pretty sure if I make my OWN box, and my OWN seat lift, I could fit it easily.

To get everyone accustomed to my build quality, starting April 27th through May 22nd, I will build a custom enclosure to your liking for every subwoofer purchase. The entire enclosure including shipping will be free. The enclosures will be made from 3/4 inch MDF with either double or triple baffles depending on the size woofers. Sealed or ported. Ported enclosures can have normal slot ports, or flared ports whichever you prefer. All enclosures will be wrapped in a high quality non-backed carpet and use high quality Metra terminals along with Kicker 12 AWG Twisted Technology speaker wire. I will have more information on all materials avaliable for wrapping along with photos of swatch colors within the next few days.

This offer stands for every line I carry: SSA, Incriminator, Kicker, and Soundstream

I would get a hold of Quentin at Audibel Customs. This is one deal you can not pass up!

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=27460

:fing34:

Just emailed him, thanks!

you could also sub 2 Dcon 10's for the single icon, it would be a little more expensive though. You could also look at a pair of sundown E8's, although they are sold out right now. There are also the Incriminator Audio 187 series 10's. They have less than 5.5" of mounting depth too

you could also sub 2 Dcon 10's for the single icon, it would be a little more expensive though. You could also look at a pair of sundown E8's, although they are sold out right now. There are also the Incriminator Audio 187 series 10's. They have less than 5.5" of mounting depth too

Hm, I'm looking at around 550 for sub amp combo? So many choices! lol

All great choices. However I am a big fan of single largest sub you can fit. Plus the deal you get from SSA on the Icon/sundown package is very hard to beat IMO. I would def have Audibel Customs build you a enclosure(right now half off sale is hard to beat as well) All of this is with in your budget and I think would make a great sounding system as well as high quality equipment.

Chad

All great choices. However I am a big fan of single largest sub you can fit. Plus the deal you get from SSA on the Icon/sundown package is very hard to beat IMO. I would def have Audibel Customs build you a enclosure(right now half off sale is hard to beat as well) All of this is with in your budget and I think would make a great sounding system as well as high quality equipment.

Chad

I emailed Audibel Customs, because if he can get me the Icon/sundown package with a box for like 550 or whatever. I may order it, ASAP.

even if he can't do the combo. you can get the combo from SSA and then half off the enclosure from Audibel Customs. Total would be (guessing) 650.00 but then the 100.00 for materials is not needed. still in your price range.

Chad

even if he can't do the combo. you can get the combo from SSA and then half off the enclosure from Audibel Customs. Total would be (guessing) 650.00 but then the 100.00 for materials is not needed. still in your price range.

Chad

Yeah, he said they had 19 people in front of me, but he'd let me know.

Where in Bama are you?

I currently have the Sundown 1000 and a 12" Icon but Im upgrading to two 18" Xcons.

I could cut you a deal if youre interested. I also have a box, but its not going to fit under your seat lol.

Where in Bama are you?

I currently have the Sundown 1000 and a 12" Icon but Im upgrading to two 18" Xcons.

I could cut you a deal if youre interested. I also have a box, but its not going to fit under your seat lol.

I'm in Montgomery.

Well if youre interested in it Id cut you a deal. If not, Id at least let you hear it so you know what youre buying.

Well if youre interested in it Id cut you a deal. If not, Id at least let you hear it so you know what youre buying.

I'd love to hear it, so I know what I'm buying and then possibly let you cut me a deal lol.

Let me know when you want to hear it and we can meet somewhere off I-85.