Apparently I'm addicted to power.

I currently have a ton of equipment sitting in the basement, and no vehicle to put it all in. Seem I keep buying amplifiers.

I own a work van that I drive daily, a 1966 Buick that looks pretty in the driveway, and I have no intention of putting a system in that.

I just have way too much hardware so my plans keep changing.

I'm after a total SQ install, and "over the top volume"(across all frequency ranges not just bass) is something that is VERY important to me.

EXTREME mid-bass and VERY clear loud highs are a must.

Any suggestions as to which equipment I use and don't use are welcome.

here is a list:

HU- Denford 8240

HU- Denford 8240

Cap- Voodoo 5 Farad Rackmount Capacitor

EQ- Audio Control Epicenter

EQ- Audio Control EQX

Amp- Rodek 2150i

Amp- Alpine MRV-1507

Amp- Alpine MRD-F752 (NIB)

Amp- Alpine MRD-F752

Amp- Soundstream Reference 644s

Amp- Soundstream Reference Picasso

Amp- Nakamichi PA-2004

Amp- TRu 4.100

2 x Usher 9950 Tweeters

4 x Vifa PL 7" Midbass (actually own 5)

2 x Vifa JBL 4.5" Midrange (actually own 3)

1 x eD15A Subwoofer (first flat nomex model)

2 x 12" SI Magnum D2s Subwoofer (Claw basket)

looks like I'm buying a pair of TB 8"s too

What would you do?

I'm still a ways off from buying a vehicle for the install so nothing can be finalized yet. Most likely looking at a new Mazda 3 or Toyota Matrix or similar.

(That's what I need more payments).

I'm open for any input, and I think I should stop buying amplifiers.

The Hammer

Well since you have 7's 4.5's and tweets listed, you're going three ways I would assume. Theres not really much to choose there.. The amps and subs are your toughest choice. I don't really have experience with any of the amps besides the Alpines, and I flat out love those.... I think we discussed the subwoofer issue somewhere else, and pretty much I think I told you, wouldn't want to make your decision :) It really depends on what you look for in a woofer though, and I don't think you would need 2-12 Mags, especially if you are just looking for SQ.

I apologize in advance for the above post, don't think it makes sense throughout, but I'm tired and I have to work in the morning, sooooo

HTH?

Jordan

Made sense to me.

I was sort of leaning towards

The 8ohm Usher tweets powered by the Sounstream Picasso.

The 4.5" vifa (jbls) powered with 100W per from the 2 front channels of the TRu 4.100.

The Vifa 7" x 4 wired as a 2 ohm load and running off of the rear channels of the TRu 4.100.

Then the Sub(s) running off of say the Alpine MRV-1507, or maybe even the USAmps USA-150.

I'm fairly certain I'll go with Sealed enclosure(s) for the sub(s).

Might consider making the sub box out of steel or aluminum and deaden the inside of it

deaden the heck out of the entire car before any install is even thought about.

Upgrade the Alt, Batt and the "big three" right away.

HU out to say AC Matrix 2 channels to the epicenter, then onto the sub amp, two more channels to the Picasso, and 2 more to the Tru. Use the amps crossovers, or use the AC EQX somewhere in there.

I'll have a much better idea once I decide on and get a vehicle for the project.

Not sure how it will all sound (especially these particular components of the 3 way set) until it's all together.

One thing I was kinda worried about is weather or not the TRu 4.100v2 would object to having 2 channels run at 4 ohms, and the other two channels at 2 ohms.(at the same time).

The Hammer

For the Tru question.... here is a new Tru Board... TruTech Forum

Another thing you need to think about is placement of equipment and size of it all. Obviously you have to wait until your new vehicle is purchased, but going with larger amps and with the size of the subs you have to choose from, you maybe want to use some smaller amps. The Tru amps aren't very small, But so far is sounds like you have a good idea of what you want and what you're going with, good luck with the car search and everything else.

Jordan

Heck, Maybe I'll go with a 72 cadillac Hearse. (deal fell through on one about 10 years ago.. I was so close.. and it had new curtains!!! I was going to do a coffin sub enclosure .. man that would have been slick).

I'd really like to get a new(er) car and like the practically of these mazda/toyota/honda type cars.. aswell as the decent resale.

If I had a winning scratch & win (say $50-100,000 or so), I'd probably buy a much bigger car say a Potniac GP, Cadillac, Lincoln or something.

I guess that really confuses the issue until I actually buy, but always open to suggestions on the audio setup.

I guess your right. In a way I do have a good idea of what I want. I have been out of the game for a long time and reading these forums gets me all worked up some days. Longing for the open road and hot sun and the TUNES.

The Hammer

i think you have enough power there to wire up your own little electric chair :blink:

I think just a few more (amps)

Then I should be done, buying.

I want to do a few comparisons perhaps.

I should really set up some sort of test bench or something.

Maybe I'll have a system in boxes of stuff I like just for fun.

I'll sell some of the 'deals' I found from eBay to freinds etc.

The Hammer

sweet pics...

sexy lil beast...hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

that is a slick case! simple and sexy!!

i like it a bunch...

i mighta missed it somewhere...

what's it rated at?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:slayer:

BMA is/was a little known company that dissapeared too fast.

I heard they were overbuilt amps.

I'm not entirely certain if the one I bought is an original BMA or if the name was purchased by a Chinese/Korean build house.

I purchased this amp here:

http://www.thecarstereo.com/product/brand_...=AP&dc=1&br=BMA

It's damn interesting (and cheap) anyhow.

The Hammer

hey hammer, you know what? that amp looks a little like the new Alphasonics

Alphasonik ehh?

PMA4150A.jpg

I think the cases look very similar.

I would doubt that they share any other similarities.

Anyone have pics of one of those Alphasonik's internals?

The Hammer

from what i've seen, the tru's are VERY underrated. IIRC the T2.100 did ~170rms x4 @4ohms, so i'd assume the T4.100 that you have would be similarly underrated, as well as the 4.65 that you bought.

personally id put the 4.65 on the tweets and the 4.5's that you have. run 2 of the vifa 7's in each door running off the front channels of the T4.100 at 2ohms per channel.

for the substage, id say its a toss up. either way, i'd bridge the rear channels of the T4.100 for power. it should put out a solid amount of power brided. the 15a is probably dual 2ohm, so that would work nicely.

i think that setup (amp wise) would fit a wider variety of installs, and you would have to worry about trying to fit them in somewhere, AND make them look nice. plus they'd match :D

from what i've seen, the tru's are VERY underrated.  IIRC the T2.100 did ~170rms x4 @4ohms, so i'd assume the T4.100 that you have would be similarly underrated, as well as the 4.65 that you bought.

personally id put the 4.65 on the tweets and the 4.5's that you have.  run 2 of the vifa 7's in each door running off the front channels of the T4.100 at 2ohms per channel.

for the substage, id say its a toss up.  either way, i'd bridge the rear channels of the T4.100 for power.  it should put out a solid amount of power brided.  the 15a is probably dual 2ohm, so that would work nicely. 

i think that setup (amp wise) would fit a wider variety of installs, and you would have to worry about trying to fit them in somewhere, AND make them look nice. plus they'd match :D

Very good suggestion.

I'm hoping to use all 4 of the 7" Vifas (midbass) giving the amp a 2 ohm load per channel.

Oh yah I just snagged another amp (like I need it right?).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5729653285

The Hammer

I should update my list of equipmet:

HU- Denford RFX-8240 (Plat1000)(debadged)(NIB)

HU- Denford RFX-8240 (Plat1000)(debadged)(NIB)

Cap- Voodoo 5 Farad Chrome Rackmount Capacitor (NIB)

EQ- Alpine 3321

EQ- Audio Control Epicenter

EQ- Audio Control EQX

EQ- Audio control MVC

Amp- Rodek 2150i

Amp- Alpine MRV-1507

Amp- Alpine MRD-F752 (NIB)

Amp- Alpine MRD-F752

Amp- Soundstream Reference 644s

Amp- Soundstream Reference 644s (near mint)

Amp- Soundstream Reference Picasso

Amp- Bear Mountain Audio BMA-29e (NIB)

Amp- Nakamichi PA-2004

Amp- Nakamichi PA-2004 (NIB)

Amp- Nakamichi PA-2004 (NIB)

Amp- TRu 4.100

Amp- TRu 4.65 w/burr brown upgrade (NIB)

Amp- TRu 2.100

Amp- Denon DCA3500 5 channel

Amp- USAmps USA-150

Amp- Power Acoustik VU11002x Hammer Series (not working)

Amp- Crossfire VR 142

Amp- Aura Force 560

Amp- HiFonics GenX Saturn (in shipping)

2 x Usher 9950 Tweeters (NIB)

4 x Vifa PL 7" Midbass (actually own 5)(NIB)

2 x Vifa JBL 4.5" Midrange (actually own 3)(NIB)

2 x Coustic DR 5.25 Mids (NIB)

2 x AVI LXD 160 Mids (used)

2 x AVI MXD 130 Mids (used)

2 x Quart Mobil QM 210K (8" woofer 1" tweet)

2 x Quart Mobil QM 218CS (6.5" woofer 1" tweet)

1 x eD15A Subwoofer (first flat nomex model)(NIB)

2 x 12" SI Magnum D2s Subwoofer (Claw basket)(NIB)

2 x 10" Cadence Beast 10-4 Subwoofer (1 was stolen now have only 1)

The Hammer