Sign in to follow this  
MKader17

SPL Box

I'm looking to build a nice ported box for my L7 and make it loud. Problem is I really don't know much about ported boxes or the tricks to making a good SPL box. Kicker reccomends between 1.75 and 3.25 cu ft ported, but no tuning frequencys. The box will be sitting in the back seat of my 1990 extended cab Silverado. What would be differences between a round port and slot port, and what would be an optimal Frequency to tune it at.

thanks for any advice, hopefully I can pull my ol' truck into s comp and put up some decent numbers :)

Edited by MKader17

It would help to know the peak freq. of your vehicle. Then you can go from there.

Yeah I'd like to know that too. I have a 1990 Chevy Silverado Extended cab, is there anyway I can find this out mathmaticely or is it something I have to test?

Yeah I'd like to know that too. I have a 1990 Chevy Silverado Extended cab, is there anyway I can find this out mathmaticely or is it something I have to test?

You really just have to test, change some things, test, change, test, try again and again till you find what gives you the best numbers.

Do you mind pointing me to a site where I can read more about Resonant Frequency and even SPL in General. I'm trying to making a decent SPL box but I feel my questions are very open ended because I don't know enough about it.

Is there any general information I can start with and work from there? do bigger boxes generally put out better numbers? What is a base frequency to start at and work up from?

Edited by MKader17

Do you mind pointing me to a site where I can read more about Resonant Frequency and even SPL in General. I'm trying to making a decent SPL box but I feel my questions are very open ended because I don't know enough about it.

Is there any general information I can start with and work from there? do bigger boxes generally put out better numbers? What is a base frequency to start at and work up from?

Here's a good start boom basics..