Mark LaFountain

Ascendant Audio on the shop

i'll be adding all the AA stuff today. I should have all pricing and specs up by the night time, so please bare with me. If all goes well, they should be available to order very soon!

as12front1.png

AA is supposed to get me all the final specs and more importantly the pricing on these items, tonight! Keep your eye on this for sure

just got word, Assassins should be available for sale by wedsday, then the other lines will follow shortly after word.

prices should be up before they available for sale

Is SSA the exclusive online dealer?

Edited by SilverBane

prices should be up before they available for sale

Is SSA the exclusive online dealer?

yes

NICE

will we have the whole line? Including the smaller speakers if they ever do Poly's again?

Edited by johnecon2001

NICE

will we have the whole line? Including the smaller speakers if they ever do Poly's again?

Yup :horse:

Why does it say out of stock on all the AA stuff???

It's not available yet.

Why does it say out of stock on all the AA stuff???

It's not available yet.

exactly :) , some fo the lines could be available as soon as tomorrow, but no deffinet on that yet.

Sooooo.... Where are the AA 6.5" drivers? Still on the boat from Taipei City? Or will they ever be offered again? This is a very versitile driver and it would be a shame if it suffered an early demise.

Curt

They're coming...eventually. Word on the street is that the dealer network has not expressed that much interest in them so they're not a big concern right now.

Sooooo.... Where are the AA 6.5" drivers? Still on the boat from Taipei City? Or will they ever be offered again? This is a very versitile driver and it would be a shame if it suffered an early demise.

Curt

They're coming...eventually. Word on the street is that the dealer network has not expressed that much interest in them so they're not a big concern right now.

Thanks for the quick reply!

To be honest I see these as drivers for home systems rather than mobile, and unfortunately, somewhat out of their natural element here. They are rather a unique driver in that they can go quite low, and quite loud in a small enclosure. Their relatively flat extended response curve make for easy crossing to a number of tweeters, and overall compare favorably to drivers costing several times more. I

I know that Scott said before he would only be slightly changing the amount and location of copper in the motor; however, it would be nice if there was some review of the cone (notice there are quite a number out there that are Carbon Fiber that weren't officially "sold") and surround geometry to maybe push the slightly rough response on the Poly above 2-3 kHz.

BTW, I believe AA is looking at the home audio market quite a bit, perhaps more so than the car audio market (that's Fi's world and I think Home Audio is Scott's first love). We'll see where things go.