Sign in to follow this  
Casper97TA

Buying BTL ??'s about options

I read the recommendations for each speaker, but still have a few questions. First, I'm going to be ordering a dual 2ohm fully loaded 15BTL, Its going to be for daily with roughly 2500rms to it. My question is, is going fully loaded the right choice? Or will some of the options hurt the power handling instead of help it? For instance the universal option because of the gap size? thanks for the help

Full cooling, hi X-max, 3rd slug. Necessary

Universal coil......Do you think you may face a situation where your current amp will no longer suffice, and your new amp will not work at the same ohm load? If yes, the universal coil might be for you.

SPL is tighter tolerances, which cause noise when played with "music".

If its a fully loaded D2, then it is machined for universal already. The D2 coil is the largest OD coil for the BTL. Anything else will swap in.

Universal wont hurt the power handling at all, especially not with your coil choice. The ID difference isnt majot and on a slightly smaller ID coil, it simply flows through the axial vents a tiny bit less and over the gap a little more. Not a big deal and theoretically it might be better (havent measured a temp difference in testing though).

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this