Sign in to follow this  
Roger.stone64

Can a Spl optimized BL 15 Play Music??????

I'm only going to be running around 700 - 1100 watts rms to the sub when playing music. Probally no more than 10 min sessions. And the sub will probally move no more than 3/8 of an inch in excursion each way. Will I have any problems with this small amonunt of excursion?

You'll probably find that the sub will move quite a bit. How good it sounds will depend a lot on how you tune your box. If you build box tuned real high for SPL only, it generally won't sound great.

Numerous reviews have said that the BL's SQ is good for daily driving. I think most of those people have their box tuned in the lower 30's.

"Daily or SPL: Simply put, if you plan on listening to any type of music you MUST choose the daily option. If it is strictly for a fart/burp scenario then choose the SPL option."

Straight from the BL technical sticky.

Id absolutely recommend the daily option for those subs. If they are to see any music or daily play, then choose the daily option. SPL is very tight and is designed only for SPL apps, not dual purpose setups. Subs should be fine with what you are intending to do with them.

Thanks,

Scott

I am running 1200 watts to my completly stock BL 10" , its tuned to 35hz 1.25 cuft, let me tell you, IT MOVES! I asked a similar question just before I ordered my BL , I was told NOT to get the SPL option if I planned on playing ANY music. I actually ordered my BL with the SPL option, and had to ask Nick to change the order for me.

I am glad I did, it sounds great!

Sign in to follow this