Sign in to follow this  
rasta4life

What U.S. amp for a JL13w7

I am new to the forum but I am upgrading my amps and I need to know is the AX the top line and what would be the best amp for a JL 13w7 I am looking at least a 3 ohm impedence no more than 1500 watts.Has anybody heard a 13w7 to a U.S. Amp.I need to know as much as possible by one day thanks

never heard a JLw7 before but i had a pair of JLw6v2's off an 05 version md22 and it bumped. clean too.

but like i stated in the past, the Merlin line = the AX line. the only difference is that if you want more than 2kw or some tube hybrids, go with the ax line. if you want power 2kw and under an normal solid state 2 ch. the merlin is where its at. same circuitry.

the md3d should give you around 1kw@3 ohms (its rated 1200w@2)

thanks for the replies so a merlin would be a good choice.How about any of the AX line.How do you compare the Merlin to the AX line,I am new to the U.S Amps.I have heard the U.S amps on some CV Strokers about 12+years ago but that was it.thanks

if you get the 07 line up then there is no difference between the ax and the merlines besides output. merlins = 2krms and below AX =2krms and higher. excluding the tube amps because they are tubes.

Edited by SouthPole1989