Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Which subs?

Whats up guys. I have a big project I plan on starting ASAP for my Honda Civic coupe. I'm pretty torn right now between either the RD 1750.1 - 1750rms x1 ohm or the sundown 1500. Either will more then likely be powering 2 15" BL's at .5ohm daily. Just wondering which amp I should use for this setup and why. The goal of this setup is for a daily beater to crush some skullz lol. Tuned around 30-33 hz. I have around 12 cu ft. to work w/

Thanks

Andrew

im sure what ever u chose will be good i would go with 1 18"BL and the sundown 1500 because those 2 15s are probably gonna need more power then that

im sure what ever u chose will be good i would go with 1 18"BL and the sundown 1500 because those 2 15s are probably gonna need more power then that

agreed^^^ awsome amp, i wish i had the money to get one, but instead i have zx1000.1 kicker rated at 1258 watts

Do you think 2 15" Q's would get louder on that amp then the 1 18" BL?

Remember that the Sundowns are no longer warranted to do .5 ohms. So if you fry the thing.. you get to pay for a new one.

Might want to think about running something a little higher than .5 ohms for your "skull crushing daily beater".

Yes, in most cases the pair of Q15s would be louder than the single BTL18 with that amount of power. You definitely have the space to do justice to either setup. But... with 1500-1700w a pair of SSDs might fit the bill better as well and save you some $$$ at the same time.

Alright, thats what I was thinking. I may end up going w/ the 2 rd 1750's on the BL's.

Right now... RD 1750.1 on 2 15" Q's

or 2 RD 1750.1's on 2 15" BL's :/

Id stay away from a pair of Qs if you are going to have that much power. The BLs with cooling and flatwind coils would definitely be the way to go. They will take the power much better.

Thanks,

Scott

I vote Sundown 1500 per BL

Alright man, I'm gonna see what the funds say about the 1 amp per sub deal lol. The car is a 99' Honda Civic coupe. The biggest thing I'm worried about is my alt. on the 3k rms. It'll be upgraded to a 180/120 alt. w/ 2 Kinetik 2400's in the trunk. Would those RD 1750.1's be a better choice in this situation because I can get my hands on them at cost? Also, if I were to run the 2 15" BL's, I could give them the 4 cu. ft each which is the max recomended, but I was wondering what the optimal size and tuning is for the broadest range played by the subs. Will 30 hz be too low for these subs to play... say... rock or country if I feel like bumping something just because I can? It'll be 95% rap music though. Like I said, this is all about neck snappin bass... learn me something ;) lol

Thanks in advanced guys.

Andrew

Just throwing this out there... How well would a single RF T20001bd or kicker zx2500.1, push those BL's? I can get 1 of those cheaper then the 2 RD's and 2 sundowns.

lmk

Andrew

bdawson72... you know me and my ratings. Gotta stick to my guns :)

As for the RF or Kicker, both are solid amps and would do well with a pair of BLs. While not as much power as a pair of the other amps, if you can get a really good deal on them, Im sure youd be happy with their performance. The only issue those amps have is the lack of an adjustable subsonic filter. Both are set rather low and at too low of a filter slope as well. Most people simply deal with it, or some add an additional filter like one of the Harrison F Mods or one of their new adjustable F mods. If you are active and have some EQ ability (either a standard multiband EQ or a parametric filter, you can do the same thing).

Thanks,

Scott

bdawson72... you know me and my ratings. Gotta stick to my guns :)

As for the RF or Kicker, both are solid amps and would do well with a pair of BLs. While not as much power as a pair of the other amps, if you can get a really good deal on them, Im sure youd be happy with their performance. The only issue those amps have is the lack of an adjustable subsonic filter. Both are set rather low and at too low of a filter slope as well. Most people simply deal with it, or some add an additional filter like one of the Harrison F Mods or one of their new adjustable F mods. If you are active and have some EQ ability (either a standard multiband EQ or a parametric filter, you can do the same thing).

Thanks,

Scott

:)

Sign in to follow this