almond

oz matrix power recone

ok guys i need to get this reconed to a 12" please pm me info and pricing if you can. i can ship it out either thursday or friday. i also have the owners manual in pdf if that will help. thanks!!

100_0553.jpg

100_0554.jpg

100_0556.jpg

100_0557.jpg

100_0558.jpg

100_0559.jpg

100_0560.jpg

Not sure if I can recone that one or not. Like most things... if its standard US sized coil IDs, then I definitely can. Looks like gravity got the better of that basket ;)

lol yeah i paid $70 shipped. i knew it had a fouled basket. it's a standard 3" coil. i thought you might have a little info on it. should i just send it in then go from there as far as coils wise??

let me find the specs. it has a three slug motor. it all weighs a little over 32 pounds.

and the reply i got

Sorry for the delay in responding to your email, I was away on

vacation. Normally, we pride ourselves on a 24-hour turnaround on incoming

e-mail requests. Congratulations to you on your Oz audio purchase.

Unfortunately, this is a model that was discontinued several years ago and

soft goods are no longer available for this SKU. I can however supply

you with the original manual that would have shipped with your item. It

is built around a high temp 3" voice coil, and with a rated x-max of

30mm I would venture a guess that the windings would fall between 66mm

and 70mm. Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you and

welcome to the Oz Audio Family!

FS 35

QTS .33

QES .35

VAS (liters) 17.2

Sensitivity (dB) 90

PE (watts) 600

RE (per voice coil) 2.2

OZ MATRIX

Yes, please send it on in and we can see what coils we can fit in there. I do love their "3" peak to peak excursion"... exceedingly wishfull thinking given that it is a 10" basket with what appears to be a 1/2" spacer for the dual spiders. I have mentioned before how the 10" subs have geometry issues, and they simply made it worse by getting rid of 1/2" of rearward clearance with the spacer (yes spaced spiders are a good thing and help with stability, but on this basket, it comes at the expensive of rearward clearance and excursion as well... maybe 2" of p-p).

Fi Car Audio

Attn: Recone

5480 Cameron St #107

Las Vegas NV 89118

Please be sure to include your name, address, phone, and email so that once its received we can contact you about what we can do to the sub.

Thanks,

Scott

maybe she was thinking of a 12 or 15i don't think i told her what size. the 12 and 15 have higher rms figures, maybe it was because of mechanical power handling. either way it's going out today. it will either be there friday or monday, probably. lol take you're time it's not an essential part od my dd yet :)

Cool... while the specific soft parts arent going to take any more power... the geometry will lend itself to it. A 12" or 15" will be easy enough to do.

Ill let you know when it arrives.

Thanks,

Scott

Almond... do you have the ultra secret hotline number? If not, please email and Ill give it to you. Itd be easier going over things via phone (and no... he wont give it to anyone else even if you bribe him!)

I cant seem to find a phone number... please either email so I can call, or if you still have the number please give me a call. Sub is done but I have a question.

Thanks,

Scott

i don't have pixors lol, it's in vegas right now. without me. maybe i;ll just rive over to get. that'd be fun