InhumanAck

Anyone worked with veneer?

Has anyone used non-stick backed real wood veneer? Im about to attempt using it for the first time, just wondering if you have any tips about working with it that would be helpful going in.

Better to use a 1/4" flush-cut or a 1/2" etc? Brand of glue?

also..when doing the rounded edges..should i glue the veneer to the face, let it dry. then, wrap the veneer around the edges..or should i just glue and wrap the the whole thing right away..the pic shows a 3/4" round on a previous pair to give you an idea, the one's im attempting have a 1" roundover.

w0opr5.jpg

Edited by InhumanAck

IMO, the ONLY way to veneer is with a vacuum press. I have done it before with contact cement, but never had the rounded edges and I treated it just like laminate.

IMO, the ONLY way to veneer is with a vacuum press. I have done it before with contact cement, but never had the rounded edges and I treated it just like laminate.

Is this a service i could have performed somewhere? Purchasing the veneer from woodcrafters..

Not sure. I'd contact a cabinet shop.

you can use paperback veneer with contact cement

just dont rush

other wise you need to use a vacuum press (these many kinds from bags to table tops)

I have some plans to build a vacuum press for around $300. If you're interested, I could email them to you. Haven't gotten around to building mine yet though.

Nice looking cabinets what are they going to hold?

Nice looking cabinets what are they going to hold?

those were for the ascendant audio mtm kit..current project is some budget towers with a pair of dayton 6.5"s and tweeters for my brother. Ill post some pics of the build when they're done.