Coolwazabi

Carb Adjusting ?/

i just threw a new edelbrock 750 carb on a 425...

anyone have any idea how to adjust it ?

i don't have any special tools either..

Screwdriver.

yeah...

anyone know how many rotation ? or what i should check for

Edelbrock carbs suck as far as tuning, only adjustment you have would be the idle air screws and w/o a scope with cylinder kill you will never be able to get em totally balanced correctly, but 2 to 2 and a half turns out is usually a good rule of thumb. only thing other than that you can really do is get a needle and jet kit and start making passes at the track and pull the plugs after each pass to look at the burn conditions and the timing mark etched in the porcelin. old school tuning tricks there for ya, good luck with it, just dont lean it out to far, bad things can happen better rich than to lean

Edited by kandiman

If you don't know how to tune it, you shouldn't have put it on. Seriously, take it to a good mechanic. And DO NOT just start playing with things. You'll quickly do more damage than good. Carb tuning is an art.

If you don't know how to tune it, you shouldn't have put it on. Seriously, take it to a good mechanic. And DO NOT just start playing with things. You'll quickly do more damage than good. Carb tuning is an art.

and is quickly becoming a lost art at that

Lots of motors here for boats with carbs....but I guess if you don't live around big water they would not be there. If so they can help you out, just read the plugs/look at piston....or if you really want get an EGT and it will tell you how to jet. You want normal mix for driving and little rich for max power.