Sign in to follow this  
ripper

sub positioning

I actually have a few questions.

I have two different box ides. If I build a box with the sub facing UP, and fire the port into the car, will i lose spl? And as well, if i build a box with the Sub facing UP, and the port facing up, will I have a greater, or same as the bass response from firing the sub to the rear of the trunk. In other words, will facing the port in a different direction then the sub, affect the spl factor of the sub.

In other words, will facing the port in a different direction then the sub, affect the spl factor of the sub.

It very well could.

Only way to know in your case is to test...which if you care about SPL you should be doing anyway.

and could someone inform me how to use the aero ports? im not sure how to tune using them.

Thanks

and could someone inform me how to use the aero ports? im not sure how to tune using them.

Thanks

for aero ports u must no the dimensions of them first...and yes facing the ports is a factor... but also depends on the vehicle.....testing is probably the best way to do it

Echo echo echo echo echo echo echo.

Neil (DevilDriver) has a write up on how to tune aeroports in the technical/how-to section.