Sign in to follow this  
johnnylemoine

05 XXX 18

i have one lying around and was going for a SQ setup. i have someone doing some work on my ported box and i was gonna make a temp sealed box. anyone have the old specs and/or box recommendations for the 05 XXX 18??? thanks

well I AM A try 5.34 cuft before sub displacement. dont know the dis of the sub but the box should be right at 5 cubes after a lil bracing. anyone have any opinions or input in general to add??

There is someone on here that had one, he posts in the SI section mostly IIRC.

4 Cubes sealed, 7.5 Cubes ported tuned to 28-32 Hz. I have the old recommendations memorized still.

If you want the actual thiele/small parameters, use www.webarchive.org

kool guy, thanks. site doesnt have the dis for the XXX though, but I AM A assume its close to wut the MT is and thats .25 cuft. so I AM A go with that. so my box is now 4.32 after sub dis and with a lil braing it should be close to 4.2 cuft which is wut the site suggests.

lucky, i see you have an 05 XXX 18 also, may i ask wut kind of box you have yours in??

thanks, i have a ported box similar to that and the XXX sounded real good in it. have you ever had your XXX in a sealed box? i dont think i have ever built a sealed box for any of my subs.

we want pics after this is done!

you got it. ill post pics of both boxes. sealed box will probably not be painted or anything, routered edges at most. but the ported box will be glassed and painted. nothing too fancy, i wanted to try glassin myself, but i just dont have the motivation to finish the bondo. so someone is gonna finish that for me and paint it a nice silver, or grey metalic flake. something to match the grey interior. if i like the sealed box better, ill get it all smooth and paint it up then post pics. SQ system will consist of the XXX 18 sealed. vifa tweets if i can win them on ebay, if not, SEAS. right now i have eD 6000's midrange/midbass. i want AA mids though, hopefully they will come out soon. active front stage btw.