Sign in to follow this  
northern_lights03

Damaged Arsenal???????

I got an AA Arsenal as my first piece of good equipment last year. Hooked it up to an 1100d in a sealed box. Played and LOVED it. Until one day the output dropped considerably and i got out, the surround had torn 1/4 around the subs outer edge. I was upset, i blamed manufacterer error. I sent the sub in, Chad didn't beleive it was workmanship error. pulled the cone out and the coil was black. I was clipping the amp, very common mistake. although i was convinced i wasn't clipping, i sucked it up and accepted the truth. But despite my stupidity. Chad, being the superhero that he is sent me another sub.

I couldnt be more thankful. I bot 2 12" assasins from him at that time as well, just to show a little extra appreciation. I got the new sub in, threw it on the same amp, same box. Played it way lower, way more cautiosly. When i got out to see how well it was playing. It was making noise from the motor. Not bottoming out, but a VC noise. Iwas real angry because i hadnt even broken it in yet. So out of fear of damaging it again, i pulled it out and put it up for a while.

About two months ago i picked up a new amp. Kicker zr600. Much cleaner amp. I was confident i wouldn't have the same problem. With the gain all the way down i played the sub and i did the same thing. I pulled it out again and bought a TC-3000. But that sub is very power hungry. Im dying to run the clean, crisp arsenal. So after all the blabbing ill throw you the kicker of it all.

Even though im blaming myself for somehow damaging the sub again within one day of playing at a much lower volume than the previous sub. When i took the rubber off the motor structeres magnets. I noticed the bottom magnet was smaller thean the top one. About 1/8 an inch less circumfrence.

So can that lead to this motor noise? When i test the impedance and jumps around between 1and 4 ohms.

Is it the magnets? or am i just one unlucky guy and managed to ruin a replacement i didnt deserve in the first place?

Let me know, Thanks

Sign in to follow this