Sign in to follow this  
afboy143

Help on building an enclosure

Well I am going to purchase a D2 15" monday and I needed some help on building an enclosure. On the website it says that SI reccomends the box be 4 cu/ft vented to 28 hz. I was reading around on the forums people doing like 2.1 cu/ft boxes ported to 30 hz. Whats the deal with this? I love deep deep bass but also like a bit of SQ in the mix. I will be running the sub off a hifonics bx1500. What do you guys recommend I build? Thanks

they are either talkin about the box for 12" or sealed box for the 15". i say stay sealed (2.5cf or so is nice). these things are so loud, i dont think i could handle it ported.

Bah! Enclosures suck! B)

Edited by Tirefryr

I want this thing to b loud. My friend has a RE XXX 15 and I am trying to outbump him here so I need to go ported. Does anyone know where I can find some ported box designs for this sub?

take a tape measure, measure out the space you have and then get to work on your own box design. :P

if you have taken geometry it's pretty darn easy to get the box made to the right size and make it look purty in your car.

i dont get all this port noise bla bla bs thats where i get confused and how long the port has to b and all that

Give us some dims and how much area you have to work with, then we can help. Some more info would be nice to such as: power, vehicle, placement, etc...