Sign in to follow this  
1500rms

2 12inch kicker cvx's-what amp?

whats going on guys, i need a little advise on amps. a month or so ago i finally blew one of my old 12's after years of abuse. i decided to replace them with the kicker 12 inch cvx's(4ohm). problem is the kickers are literally sucking the life outta my old amps, so iv been lookin to up grade them as well. i really like the kicker zx series but its kinda expensive. my question is. i can buy 2 zx750.1 cheaper than a zx1500.1. would this be the way to go? isnt it the same power? witch would cause a larger draw on my charging system? i dont have much experence with mono block amps. arnt u only suppose to use one speaker on one mono block? someone told me to get the 1500.1 and wire it to both speakers. is this just a matter of having to sets of wires going to the one output of the amp? apprecate the help in advance.

sorry for the spelling

whats going on guys, i need a little advise on amps. a month or so ago i finally blew one of my old 12's after years of abuse. i decided to replace them with the kicker 12 inch cvx's(4ohm). problem is the kickers are literally sucking the life outta my old amps, so iv been lookin to up grade them as well. i really like the kicker zx series but its kinda expensive. my question is. i can buy 2 zx750.1 cheaper than a zx1500.1. would this be the way to go? isnt it the same power? witch would cause a larger draw on my charging system? i dont have much experence with mono block amps. arnt u only suppose to use one speaker on one mono block? someone told me to get the 1500.1 and wire it to both speakers. is this just a matter of having to sets of wires going to the one output of the amp? apprecate the help in advance.

sorry for the spelling

get 2 2ohm subs, to get a 2ohm load on the amp, and get the zx1500.1, the amp is made to power 2 12" L7, and 2 12" CVX

ive lookin at the same setup but i think i might go with Fi audio

Two 2 ohm SVC subs can't be wired to a 2 ohm load, either 1 or 4.

arnt u only suppose to use one speaker on one mono block?

As long as the impedance stays above the minimum that the amp can handle, it's fine.

1500rms don't mean to jack your thread but i wanted to ask you about the CVX. what do you think of them as SQ? SPL? LSQ? did you find a review?

1500rms don't mean to jack your thread but i wanted to ask you about the CVX. what do you think of them as SQ? SPL? LSQ? did you find a review?

really just an output sub