addiction2bass

want to replace my SX........ but with what model BL or BTL

well originaly i was gonna get a BLT fully loaded for daily driving..

BUT NOW im not sure if i should run a BL or the BTL...

ive heard of people running the BLs more for daily....

heres what i got a RF amplifier benched at 1,620watts RMS at 1ohm....

and only running a single 12inch sub.

currently im running a 12inch REaudio SX sub BUT............ it overheats and STINKS if i pump it to much... which i know IS BAD!!!!!!

and well i KNOW im overpowering that sucker.LOL since its only rated at 1K watts.

and well iwant more bass but still good SQ cause my subwoofer setup is front firing into the cabin and i drive it DAILY!

which would you guys think would be the BEST DAILY DRIVING best mix of SPL/SQ........... the BL or BTL.....

and would the BL handle 1600watts rms? with the cooling upgrade of course ;)

what kinda options should i get for the sub? i wanna upgrade by next month before i smoke this SX and its trash!!!!!

a 12" BL with cooling should be good for what you want

IMO I would go with a fully loaded BL for headroom...

they are beasts...

I luv my baby can't wait to get off work to cruise home and beat on my car.

so do ya think this sub could take 1600watts rms daily pumpen? or ya think it would have any overheating problems?

just NOTHING WORSE THAN REALY BEATING IT UP WITH THAT KILLER SONG.... AND THEN SMELLING THAT HORIBLE OVERHEATING SMELL FROM THE SUB.... and having to turn the volume WAY DOWN for it to cool!!!!!!!!!

seems to me that you may have been clipping the sub. my sx didn't ever stink at that was daily with a niche audio na6000d. i'm sure the flatwind option on the bl should keep the power handling where you need it though.

well the SX is rated at 1K watts rms.... and im pushen 1600watts rms to that sucker with my new RF amp. the amplifier isnt cliping cause the remotes are actualy turned down... and bass knob is only set to half... and the sub is firing thru my back seat so i can hear most the distortion ;)

and radios settings arent even that high at all for the subwoofer and bass ;)

setup like this ya cannt have a bad sound..... which the sub never sounds bad! never bottoms out.... just after a HARD BUMPEN song beating away for 3/4th the song then ya start to smell it geting preaty hot :( NOT a good smell.... not quite the smell of DEATH!!!!!!!!! but still very bad smell when your in a good mood bumpen hard!

waxed024.jpg

i never had a problem with the SX when i had my old orion D2400, pushen 1200watts rms to it BUT that extra 400watts rms is very capable of killen the sub.LOL

Edited by addiction2bass

you wouldn't be able to hear the clipping at that rate. might have just been my enclosure also. i had a huge amount of port area so it might have helped with the ventilation. what are you going to do with the sx??

ill take the sx and put it in my reg cab truck ported with my little 600watt jbl amp.

or inside my room with my 300watt plate amplifier. LMFAO

right now i got 2 old 10inch subs REaudio REs hooked up to my surround sound system ;)

ok cool sounds like ill be geting the BL next.... just gotta start saving now. should have enough in a few weeks..

i just hope its alittle louder than my SX as well..... ;)

cause i cannt realy go any higher in power than im running now.... i still need a highpower alternator and more batteries as well.

Do you have the space for the 15" model?