Sign in to follow this  
djjdnap

AH MAN

soo, i'm chillin in the parkin lot wt my buddies and i crank it up its playin, so we hit the strip let the windows down, And then my sub just stops playin :unsure: :thud: so i go and park my amp is still on i check the wires still nothing so i take the sub out and its scorchin hot but it looks coo, so i push in on the cone and it doesn't move :blink: :thud: It is blown but i still havenot checked it to make sure , i gotta check the ohmage of it...

Then i gotta hit up dave about it...

SO why do u guys think the sub blew???

distortion, i've heard the jbl is sa sub killa..

i knew a guy that did the samething to his sub.

it blew and the cone froze (try pushing down and it wouldnt give) but it was the box and install.

this guy had the hole setup all f@#$ed up, the box had air leaks and the gain on the amp all the way up.

now im not saying thats why you blew yours, im sure you know better then that.

it could be alot of things, just go through your hole system and try to see if theres something you missed....

good luck

jamie

Seriously though, that happened to an A-bahn I had a long time ago in an SPL setup. I took the woofer out and there was a huge burn hole in the spider.

It obviously has something to do with the suspension. Even if the motor was jacked, the woofer would still move.

Frozen spider----if you can't even press on it without it feeling stiff----sorry---you are out of luck---I could recone it for you but you might want to check into a new sub(maybe yours is still under warrenty---but some companys don't do frozen spiders under warrenty)

better luck next time.

word from the wise---use more gain and LESS bass boost.

Ok so i hook it up to the ohm meter and it gives me a number of 0 for one coil and 2 for the other which means something came aloose in the sub, because i hooked it up to the other coil and it played, reconneceted it back to the other one and it played for liek 2 secs, so i'm saying it is manufacturer error here or something which should warrant a warranty. :ugh:

jbl is a sub killer for sure, especially if it doesn't have a REALLY good ground.

i think that the JBL i borrowed from a friend is cursed, it blew 2 L7 15"s, and i think it just blew my brand new L7 12.. and no i wasn't playing volume master, the gain was low, much lower than the 4v on the input of the amp itself.. the deck was never turned up more than 3/4 for more than 10 seconds (had to do it.. just had to). i was trying to break it in slowly..

Needless to say i'm pretty pissed about this whole situation, and i can't wait till i get paid and the amp i want to use shows up instead of the JBL temp that fudgeed up my sub. it clipped hardcore 2x, and then i heard some minor clips at very low volume (after each time i turned off immediately.. and lowered settings even more. amp never went into protection), and now my sub is buzzy.. GOD I HATE JBL right now, but at least i'll probly be able to exchange for a d2 solo instead of a d4.. and get the kicker/ppi amp that i wanted to begin with.