Sign in to follow this  
RaVeN

Broken Terminal

I got my sub last tuesday and it looks great. Today I finished my

box and wiring up the sub when I found one set of the terminals

was broken. It looks like someone tighten it to much and pulled

the screw out. I included a pic of the problem. If I can get a new

one I can put it on and solder it myself. Thanx for the help.

Picture.jpg

You shouldnt even need a new one.

I would just loosen the nut, so that you can put a dab of glue in the hole and just press the screw head in again.

Then when it dries pop it back in and tighten the nut again.

Plus it will be hard to get as nice of a solder job as there is on there already.

Edited by db dom

The hole the screw fits in is slightly smaller than the screw. I would have to take the terminal off to make the hole a little bigger or press it in. Maybe I'll try and unsolder it and see if I cant get it back in there.

Wow... havent seen that one. Terminals are normally glued on as well as screwed and are really a PITA to get off without breaking them if we need them off. Ill have to see tomorrow how close the inner packing box comes to the terminals and if they could have pushed on it in shipping (just a hunch). Options on how to handle it are up to you. If youd like it repaired or replaced, its a non-issue. If you think you can pop it back in place with some epoxy or glue, Ill gladly give you a "get out of jail free" card on a recone or any sort of non-warranty repair, send you a shirt....

Let me know what would be the most convenient way for you to have this remedied and we will take care of it immediately.

Thanks,

Scott

When I opened the box tuesday one the four foam pieces holding the sub in place was at the bottom of the box. The outside of the box looks fine, so I dont know if it happened in shipping or not. I will be out of town for the rest of the week so I wont have time to play around with it 'til monday . I let u know if I cant fix it.

If you dont want to try and fix it, its not an issue either. Let me know when you get back. If you do try to fix it and its less than perfect, or you dont feel comfortable with it, let me know and we will get you take care of.

Thanks,

Scott

it is not difficult to fix it yourself. Just use washer so that the bolt can secure the plastic piece. If you are concerned of both terminals shorting if metal washer is used, try to look for strong plastic washer. Saves you time and get you to run the sub soon. :D

I got a chance today to glue the terminal on with some gorilla glue(hope it holds). Hook it up to my amp and man was I impressed. This sub sounds awesome. I cant wait to show this baby off. I dont know if I will ever need a recone but I will keep it in mind If I ever do. Thanks for an awesome sub.

that's the exact thing that just happened to me! it was my fault though. stupid hurricane nuts. anyway's, i kinda melted the plastic with a soldering iron to fit the screw head back in and before i pushed it back, i put a dab of f/g resin. it's okay, not the prettiest fix but hey it's fixed. i checked the terminals with a dmm and everything's all good. back to building and no more sweating on my part. good luck with however you decide to remedy your problem.

Sign in to follow this