Sign in to follow this  
idiot

Define Loudness

Now the graphs are merely to be looked upon as an estimate. Nothing is foolproof; it is a computer program after all. Also, I would like to note that this particular measurement for cabin gain I have added to graphs is fromMY OWN vehicle. Yours will differ from what I have posted.

True. I understand.

What program are you using? I'd like to be able to run a bunch of these simulations without inconveniencing you.

Now the graphs are merely to be looked upon as an estimate.  Nothing is foolproof; it is a computer program after all.  Also, I would like to note that this particular measurement for cabin gain I have added to graphs is fromMY OWN vehicle.  Yours will differ from what I have posted.

True. I understand.

What program are you using? I'd like to be able to run a bunch of these simulations without inconveniencing you.

BassBox Pro 6.0

It's not an inconvenience. I like playing with it. :blink::D

The sealed 15 and vented 12 should be similar in output. You may get a tiny bit more low end out of the vented enclosure, but it's really enclosure/tuning/vehicle dependent. Remember, a sealed enclosure will ALWAYS play lower than a vented one. There comes a poitn where the driver will unload below tuning and throw the lowend, and possibly the driver out the window. I have had the pleasure to listen to my 15" MAG in a 3.2 sealed and 4.2 vented enclosure and have had nothing but excellent results. Playtime was limited, but I loved what I heard.

As for the upper part of the spectrum, I cannot say. I never use my subbass above 60Hz, so I have never even attempted it. Sealed, I'm sure it will be fine, but with the vented enclosure, upper response will be more dependent on your vehicle's transfer function and driver placement.