Sign in to follow this  
skress

No sound from sub :(

I just got my Fi Q12 and my Cadence TXA-100d amp yesterday and proceeded to hook it up in my Exploder. It is a 2ohm DVC sub which means that if I wire it in parallel it would be a 1 ohm load, right? I wired it according to this http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/...hmto1ohm7rq.jpg diagram. When I hooked the amp up, I just removed my old amp and hooked all the wires up to where they are supposed be on the new one. One would think that this shouldn't cause any problems, but it did. I can't get any noise out of the sub. I also have a PG amp powering my front and rear speakers. The power wire goes from the battery to the Cadence amp to the PG amp. The remote goes from the HU to the Cadence to the PG. Each amp, obviously has its own ground. The PG amp still works fine which means that the Cadence amp is getting power. The green light on the top is also on, which I assume means it should be good to go, right? If the ground on the Cadence was shorted wouldn't the red status light come on? Also, if the ground on the Cadence is shorted would that have any adverse effect on the PG amp? Any troubleshooting help would be friggin' awesome!

Did you disconnect the power before doing the switcheroo?

Have a DMM handy?

Yes, I did disco the power first. What is a DMM?

So let me get this straight...

You're looping power out of one amp into another?

Go get a distro block man, thats pretty ghetto.

So let me get this straight...

You're looping power out of one amp into another?

Go get a distro block man, thats pretty ghetto.

Yeah, thats what I thought. It was supposedly put in "professionally" but the guy was a douchebag, who didnt seem to know much as he should. I plan on getting a distro block.

Have a DMM handy?

Yup, I just got one. What should I check and what am I looking for, pardon my noobness but ive never used one o these before.

Have a DMM handy?

So, I went out and tested the amp a little. I put the black one on the ground and the red on the power wires and the dial went farther left than it already is?

wtf does that mean?

You have an analog one? :(

Yup, we just happened to have an old one that we used to sell, my boss just let me have it for free.