ThomasG

Stock 601-1800

Well Im going to be competing in the stock 601-1800 again next season.. (Competitions are done here till next year)

First off the power amount im going to be using not sure.. Im going to try and get much as i can in that class with out linking amps, don't wanna mess with it.

So should i go 2 12" subwoofers or one 18" subwoofer with the same amount of power?

I was thinking maybe run two 12" btls

or two 12" fi bls?

Ive also been told try 4 l5's that will get me louder and cost the same as getting 2 btls

I have around 5.8 cuft gross to work with.

Please suggest subs and what not thanks

and no one try and sell me anything im not going to be purchasing my final decision till the beggining of next year, just trying to get as much research done as possible

thanks

Edited by ThomasG

if you're limited to 1800W then i wouldn't go with a BTL. I'd talk to scott but i'd say two 12" SSD's or Q's would be louder.

i should add i'm guessing two 12s over one 18 because of power compression, the 18 would have the greater surface area though...err i think it would at least, i'm not bothering with the math

lol no im not limited to 1800 watts.. im limited to 1800 watts @ 4 ohms so ill probly be having around 5000 rms give or take

have you considered two 15's in that class? probably your best bet for cone area. Try two BTL's with 5k on them.

have you considered two 15's in that class? probably your best bet for cone area. Try two BTL's with 5k on them.

Yeah.

I thought you only had 1800 available. Go with 2xBTL's...the largest you can fit.

5k on one 18 would be pretty baddass. But 2.5k each to two 15's or 12's (or 18's) would be badasser.

Well, i dont think Id be able to fit 2 15's in the little hatch of my civic.. So what would benefit me more 2 btl 12's or one btl 18?

id get 2 15 BTLs if you are good a designing boxes or getting one form ttb or something. if you are an amateur box designer id go all out surface area and get like 6 15" L5s.