Sign in to follow this  
MTA

MT recone q

is the mt dvc 1.4 copper coil available through u guys here at Fi?

Hah...well, learned something new today.

Other then that it was strictly dual .7ohm flatwire aluminum and 1.4ohm flatwire...

Thanks

-Nick

Sorry Nick... When I was at RE we did have a copper 1.45 Ohm coil that was used from time to time. I have heard they use it more often now as well.

Yes, I do have that coil available as well as an 8 layer Dual 1.4 flatwind too. RE never had a D1.4 flatwind only the D1.8-2.0 (as it varied from batch to batch)

No kidding? Hah, learn something every day....course there was that period of time where i disappeared from all things audio, swore i would have remembered that one though...

Eh, cool none the less.

oh excellent... I will need a several of them :) sooo much easier to strap a pair of amps on a single woofer to get power when ur impedance will be 2.0-2.2 after impedance rise

Scott ... which one will take more power? the copper or alum? obviously the alum will be lighter... am I correct assuming this? and what is the coil length between the two? which will have a higher BL?( coils in parrallel)

my original MT I had as a 12" in my "Jack Rabbit" was able to take a serious ass kickin especially during my testing long nights, it took 10kw no problem, that was with the copper dvc 1.4 coil, with a pair of 12's was able to do 161.2dB on AC190 certified in IDBL Advanced 1

Sign in to follow this