Sign in to follow this  
caraudionoob

Are the magnums compareable to the re SX

There are really too many variables to say. You can easily make one sub louder than the other, and it can go either way. There's no definate "yes" or "no" answer.

The Magnum can get LOUD and sound GREAT, but I haven't had any experience with the SXs. However, I have played with a number of XXXs and SEs and they are pretty much in the same boat IMO. You can make them loud and sound good.

Still prefer my MAG. ;)

SX was suppose to be tailored as an SPL monster for RE...just short of the XXX...doesn't sound as great as the XXX...

For sound quality..I'd take the Mag easily...

For all out SPL..you'd probably want to settle with the SX...

i've been hearing the sx subs sound "okay" , from what i gather I'm betting the SX and Magnum are probably close as far as efficiency and I doubt either one can handle any more or less power than each other. I cannot imagine the SX is anymore efficient. I've never had a 15" sub that was more efficient than the Magnum and I've had some REALLY efficient subs before.

So in conclusion, i've never heard anyone say the magnum sounds "okay" nothing less than 'great" so from that and the fact that the Maggy is probably my favorite all around SQ sub i be willing to say it would sound ALOT better than the SX.

As for SPL i would put money down that the SX does equal or not much better for SPL.

Its the best value sub I've come across so far. Even if it is more than the SX.

I'f you do go with RE I'd get 2 SE 15" and go sealed. not much more than a single SX and will get as loud or louder (sealed that is compared to a ported SX) and sound alot better.

But once again I'm only going by word of mouth as far as the SX is concerned.

I'm sorry guys but I'm talking about 2 12"subs. I'm not trying to complicate thing but the tipics changing to 15s which i dont want. It sounds tempting but I'm gearing towards 2 12" VS one whatever. To the Point I"m just compareing the 12's with each other. Thanks!

I'm sorry guys but I'm talking about 2 12"subs. I'm not trying to complicate thing but the tipics changing to 15s which i dont want. It sounds tempting but I'm gearing towards 2 12" VS one whatever. To the Point I"m just compareing the 12's with each other. Thanks!

Yes i'm talking about 2 12"s not a 15. But thanks for your opinion. It does help alot. The thing that i'm worried about is that i'm afraid that some one will have the same setup with2 12" re SX or 12w6v2 and kill me. JL Audio is the thing in my area and i want to *ucking embarass them for being so narrow minded with their options on subs.

I'M NOT RICH BUT, domg alot of research.

Thanks alot

well, from my experience w/ the sx, it lacked the sq i wanted, it was a step down (for me) from the hc series sq wise, spl is was awesome, just sounded a little muddy on really quick double kicks and such