Sign in to follow this  
i be bent

Sealed or Ported

My 12" Q should be delivered tomorrow according to UPS.

I'm trying to decide on either a sealed or ported box to go under the rear seat of my Extended Cab Silverado.

I've never run a sealed enclosure in my past 2 setups, and I'm skeptical as to whether I will be satisfied with the output of one.

Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It really depends on what you want out of your sub AND the rest of your system.

IMO, the sharper transient response of the Q in a sealed box outweights the output gain of the ported box.

With that said, I'd try a simple sealed box first and see if you like it. A 1.2 cu ft sealed box shouldn't set you back too much. Your ears will be the best judge.

like bigjae said above go sealed... simply because to get a good sounding ported box you dont have the room under that seat in your truck...Ive tried it... ended up doin a centre console with a pair of 10's

..As well as how much room you are willing to give up....

Thanks

-Nick

..As well as how much room you are willing to give up....

Thanks

-Nick

Don't want to lose the back seat, so it looks like sealed will be the way to go.

Thanks for all the input.

Yeah, sealed will probably be the way to go for you. You may beable to get creative later and shoehorn a ported enclosure in there. But if your going for ease of use and practicality at this point you may just want to go sealed.

Thanks

-Nick

Sign in to follow this